Gama Windows & Doors to turn your home into a house
Gama Windows is a relied on provider of windows, doors and roofline services for existing homes in the greater Dublin area. Our group has been crafting stunning bespoke products for over 35 years.
We offer high quality, energy-efficient and burglar-resistant items as requirement. However we do not compromise on design either. From preliminary design to worry-free installation, our specialists are here to direct you every action of the way.
There are various types of doors utilized in building works classified based upon placing of components, technique of building and construction, working operations and construction product utilized. A door is an accessible barrier which is supplied in a wall opening to offer an access to the within a room of a structure. The internal parts of a building are linked by doors.
Kinds Of Doors Used in Structure Building
Types of Doors based on Placing of Components
Based on the arrangement of door elements, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are supplied diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more suitable.
- Braces should place upwards from handing side, then they serves as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be used for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, structure is offered in the form of two verticals, known as stiles.
- Stiles are generally 100mm wide and as far as density is worried, the density of stile should amount to the combined density of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, stiles, braces and ledges. So, it is more stiff.
- The braces are connected diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based on Technique of Building and construction:
Based on the approach of construction, the doors are again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are really strong and will offer good appearance. These are the extensively used doors in almost all kinds of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are made up of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for wider openings.
- Minimum width of stile ought to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail ought to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are typically offered in interior wall openings or in hospitals, colleges and so on.
- The interior of room shows up through glazed doors and light likewise travels through glazed portion of the door.
- These might be completely glazed or partially glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a strong or semi-solid or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are widely utilized because of great appearance, economic, ease of building and construction and higher resilience.
There are two types of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door includes core strips of wood which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are offered frame. But, a minimum of two intermediate rails need to be provided.
- The inner area of door includes similarly area battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void area which does not exceed 40% of the area of door.
- Here likewise face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and likewise supply privacy in the space, the louvers allow natural ventilation.
- These are normally utilized for toilets of domestic and public structures.
- The door might be completely louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of lumber or glass or plywood and these may be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire evaluated doors permits natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, bugs etc. These doors are commonly used in hotels, restaurants and for cabinets consisting of foodstuffs.
Types of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only provided in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of consistent visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are attached.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have one or more sliding shutter depending up on the opening available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are typically used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. It acts like a steel curtain which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm wide and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently used for warehouses, garages, stores and so on. These are really strong and deal correct safety to the property. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is provided in the drum which assists to close the shutter or open.
Kinds of Doors based upon Materials:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as moderate steel sheet doors, but in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are used to make these doors. The rails and stiles and so on, are strengthened by welding little T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is framed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually securely folded joints to leave out air so that the core of the door does not fire up. It acts as fire-resistant.
Retractable steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently used for warehouses, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).