Attractive entry doors boost any home’s look
GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS offers a wide selection of stunning designer entryway doors, including one of the most comprehensive series of aluminium property doors on the planet. These exceptionally protected, stylish, contemporary designer Spitfire doors have developed an incomparable reputation with the most critical consumers.
There are various types of doors utilized in developing works classified based upon placing of parts, technique of building, working operations and construction material used. A door is an accessible barrier which is provided in a wall opening to provide an access to the within a room of a structure. The internal parts of a structure are connected by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Structure Construction
Kinds of Doors based on Placing of Components
Based upon the plan of door elements, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are supplied diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are preferable.
- Braces must put upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be utilized for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the easy battened and ledged door, structure is offered in the form of two verticals, known as stiles.
- Stiles are generally 100mm wide and as far as density is worried, the thickness of stile must be equal to the combined density of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, ledges, stiles and braces. It is more stiff.
- The braces are connected diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based on Method of Building and construction:
Based on the approach of building, the doors are again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are very strong and will give good appearance when compared to battened doors. These are the commonly used doors in almost all kinds of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are made up of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for wider openings.
- Minimum width of stile should be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail should be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are normally supplied in interior wall openings or in hospitals, colleges etc.
- The interior of room shows up through glazed doors and light likewise passes through glazed part of the door.
- These may be completely glazed or partly glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are provided for glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or strong or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are commonly utilized because of good appearance, financial, ease of building and construction and higher resilience.
There are two types of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door includes core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. Likewise in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Finally plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are attended to frame. But, a minimum of two intermediate rails need to be offered.
- The inner space of door consists of equally area battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void space which does not exceed 40% of the location of door.
- Here likewise face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and also offer privacy in the space, the louvers permit natural ventilation.
- These are normally utilized for toilets of public and property buildings.
- The door might be completely louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of lumber or glass or plywood and these may be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire gauged doors allows natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, bugs and so on. These doors are frequently utilized in hotels, restaurants and for cupboards containing eatables.
Kinds of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just offered in public structures like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of consistent visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are connected.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have several moving shutter depending up on the opening readily available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards in addition to outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are usually utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. It imitates a steel drape which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and broad thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly utilized for storage facilities, garages, stores etc. These are very strong and offer correct safety to the home. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is provided in the drum which assists to open or close the shutter.
Types of Doors based on Products:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as mild steel sheet doors, however in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are utilized to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are strengthened by welding little T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is encased in tight fitting sheet metal, having tightly folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not spark. It acts as fire-resistant.
Retractable steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for warehouses, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently gone over in the 1t category and glass doors are absolutely nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).