GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS
A Better View Of Quality Service
Offering bespoke wooden windows and doors Dublin for over a decade.
The perfect surface to the exterior of any house is the best windows and doors. Gama is among the front runners for distinct windows doors Dublin. We customize our items to match your needs and tastes, leaving you with fittings that will last, and really complete your house
There are different kinds of doors used in constructing works classified based on placing of elements, method of building, working operations and building and construction material utilized. A door is an available barrier which is offered in a wall opening to offer an access to the within a space of a building. The internal portions of a building are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Structure Building
Kinds of Doors based on Placement of Elements
Based on the plan of door components, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are provided diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are preferable.
- Braces ought to position upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be utilized for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the easy battened and ledged door, structure is supplied in the form of 2 verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are generally 100mm broad and as far as thickness is concerned, the thickness of stile should be equal to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, stiles, braces and ledges. It is more rigid.
- The braces are linked diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based upon Technique of Building:
Based upon the technique of construction, the doors are again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are really strong and will give good appearance. These are the commonly used doors in almost all types of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are comprised of wood or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for broader openings.
- Minimum width of stile ought to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail needs to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are normally provided in interior wall openings or in hospitals, colleges and so on.
- The interior of room is visible through glazed doors and light likewise goes through glazed portion of the door.
- These may be totally glazed or partly glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a strong or semi-solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are extensively used because of good look, financial, ease of building and construction and greater toughness.
There are 2 kinds of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door includes core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. Likewise in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are offered frame. A minimum of 2 intermediate rails should be provided.
- The inner space of door consists of equally space battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void area which does not surpass 40% of the area of door.
- Here likewise deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers allow natural ventilation when the door is closed and also supply privacy in the room.
- These are normally utilized for toilets of residential and public buildings.
- The door might be completely louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of lumber or glass or plywood and these may be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors allows natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests and so on. These doors are frequently utilized in hotels, dining establishments and for cabinets containing foodstuffs.
Kinds of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just provided in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of continuous visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are connected.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have one or more moving shutter depending up on the opening offered.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards as well as outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are typically utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. It acts like a steel drape which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and wide thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for warehouses, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based on Products:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as moderate steel sheet doors, however in place of moderate steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are used to make these doors. The stiles and rails etc., are strengthened by welding little T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having tightly folded joints to omit air so that the core of the door does not spark. It acts as fire-resistant.
Retractable steel doors are typically utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for warehouses, garages, stores and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are absolutely nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).