Gama Windows & Doors to turn your house into a house
Gama Windows is a relied on provider of windows, doors and roofline services for existing homes in the greater Dublin area. Our team has actually been crafting beautiful bespoke products for over 35 years.
We offer high quality, burglar-resistant and energy-efficient items as requirement. We do not jeopardize on design either. From preliminary design to hassle-free installation, our professionals are here to direct you every action of the way.
There are different kinds of doors used in building works classified based on placing of parts, method of construction, working operations and building product used. A door is an available barrier which is offered in a wall opening to offer an access to the inside of a space of a structure. The internal parts of a structure are connected by doors.
Kinds Of Doors Utilized in Structure Building And Construction
Types of Doors based upon Placing of Components
Based on the arrangement of door elements, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are supplied diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are more effective.
- Braces must position upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be used for larger openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the easy battened and ledged door, structure is offered in the form of two verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are typically 100mm broad and as far as density is worried, the density of stile ought to be equal to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, braces, ledges and stiles. It is more stiff.
- The braces are connected diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based on Technique of Building and construction:
Based on the method of building, the doors are once again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are extremely strong and will offer excellent look. These are the widely utilized doors in almost all types of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are made up of wood or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile should be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail ought to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are generally provided in interior wall openings or in hospitals, colleges and so on.
- The interior of space is visible through glazed doors and light likewise goes through glazed portion of the door.
- These may be totally glazed or partially glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are attended to glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a solid or semi-solid or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are extensively used because of good appearance, economic, ease of building and higher sturdiness.
There are two types of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door includes core strips of wood which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are provided for frame. A minimum of 2 intermediate rails ought to be offered.
- The inner space of door consists of equally space battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void space which does not go beyond 40% of the area of door.
- Here likewise deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers permit natural ventilation when the door is closed and also supply personal privacy in the space.
- These are normally used for toilets of public and residential buildings.
- The door may be totally louvered are partially louvered.
- Louvers are made up of lumber or glass or plywood and these might be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire evaluated doors permits natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, bugs and so on. These doors are typically utilized in hotels, restaurants and for cabinets consisting of eatables.
Kinds of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just provided in public structures like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of consistent visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are attached.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have several sliding shutter depending up on the opening available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards as well as outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are normally utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. It acts like a steel curtain which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and broad thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for warehouses, garages, stores and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based on Products:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already gone over in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are explained below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like moderate steel sheet doors, but in place of moderate steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are used to make these doors. The rails and stiles and so on, are enhanced by welding small T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is encased in tight fitting sheet metal, having securely folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not fire up. It acts as fireproof.
Retractable steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for warehouses, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).