Gama Windows & Doors to turn your house into a home
Gama Windows is a relied on company of windows, doors and roofline services for existing homes in the higher Dublin area. Our team has been crafting gorgeous bespoke items for over 35 years.
We offer high quality, energy-efficient and burglar-resistant items as standard. We don’t compromise on design either. From initial style to hassle-free installation, our specialists are here to guide you every action of the method.
There are different types of doors used in building works categorized based on placing of elements, technique of building and construction, working operations and building and construction product utilized. A door is an accessible barrier which is provided in a wall opening to offer an access to the inside of a room of a building. The internal portions of a building are connected by doors.
Kinds Of Doors Utilized in Structure Building
Kinds of Doors based upon Placement of Elements
Based upon the plan of door elements, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are supplied diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more effective.
- Braces ought to place upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be utilized for larger openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, framework is offered in the form of 2 verticals, called stiles.
- Stiles are typically 100mm wide and as far as thickness is worried, the density of stile need to amount to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, braces, stiles and ledges. It is more stiff.
- The braces are connected diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based on Method of Construction:
Based upon the method of building and construction, the doors are again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are extremely strong and will give good appearance. These are the widely used doors in almost all kinds of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are made up of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile must be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail needs to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are usually provided in interior wall openings or in health centers, colleges and so on.
- The interior of space shows up through glazed doors and light likewise passes through glazed portion of the door.
- These might be completely glazed or partially glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are extensively utilized because of excellent look, financial, ease of building and construction and higher sturdiness.
There are 2 types of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door includes core strips of wood which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are offered frame. A minimum of two intermediate rails must be provided.
- The inner area of door consists of similarly space battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void area which does not surpass 40% of the location of door.
- Here also face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and likewise offer personal privacy in the space, the louvers allow natural ventilation.
- These are generally used for toilets of public and domestic buildings.
- The door may be fully louvered are partially louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of lumber or glass or plywood and these might be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire evaluated doors permits natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, insects etc. These doors are frequently utilized in hotels, dining establishments and for cupboards including foodstuffs.
Kinds of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just provided in public structures like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of continuous visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are connected.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have several moving shutter depending up on the opening readily available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. It acts like a steel curtain which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm broad and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for storage facilities, garages, stores and so on. These are very strong and offer correct security to the home. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is provided in the drum which helps to open or close the shutter.
Kinds of Doors based on Materials:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently gone over in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like mild steel sheet doors, but in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are utilized to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are enhanced by welding small T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually tightly folded joints to leave out air so that the core of the door does not ignite. So, it acts as fireproof.
Retractable steel doors are normally utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for storage facilities, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are absolutely nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).