GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS for a safer home
All our windows and doors are burglar-resistant. They likewise include a security guarantee backed by Yale and GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS. So you can unwind knowing your house is safe.
There are various types of doors utilized in developing works categorized based on placement of elements, method of construction, working operations and building and construction material utilized. A door is an available barrier which is offered in a wall opening to give an access to the inside of a room of a structure. The internal portions of a structure are connected by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Building Construction
Kinds of Doors based upon Placement of Elements
Based on the plan of door parts, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are provided diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are preferable.
- Braces should position upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be utilized for larger openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the simple battened and ledged door, structure is provided in the form of 2 verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are normally 100mm broad and as far as thickness is worried, the density of stile must be equal to the combined density of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, braces, stiles and ledges. So, it is more stiff.
- The braces are connected diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based upon Approach of Building:
Based upon the technique of construction, the doors are once again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are really strong and will provide good appearance. These are the widely utilized doors in almost all types of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are comprised of wood or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for wider openings.
- Minimum width of stile ought to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail should be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are generally offered in interior wall openings or in health centers, colleges and so on.
- The interior of space is visible through glazed doors and light also travels through glazed portion of the door.
- These might be totally glazed or partially glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are provided for glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a strong or semi-solid or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are widely used because of excellent look, financial, ease of construction and higher sturdiness.
There are two kinds of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door includes core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Lastly plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are provided for frame. A minimum of 2 intermediate rails must be supplied.
- The inner space of door consists of equally area battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void area which does not surpass 40% of the area of door.
- Here also deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers allow natural ventilation when the door is closed and likewise offer personal privacy in the space.
- These are generally used for toilets of property and public buildings.
- The door might be completely louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are made up of lumber or glass or plywood and these might be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors allows natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests etc. These doors are frequently used in hotels, restaurants and for cabinets consisting of foodstuffs.
Kinds of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only supplied in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of continuous visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are attached.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have one or more sliding shutter depending up on the opening available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards as well as outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. It imitates a steel drape which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm broad and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly used for warehouses, garages, shops and so on. These are extremely strong and offer correct security to the home. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is supplied in the drum which assists to close the shutter or open.
Types of Doors based on Materials:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are explained listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as moderate steel sheet doors, however in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are used to make these doors. The rails and stiles etc., are reinforced by welding little T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is framed in tight fitting sheet metal, having firmly folded joints to leave out air so that the core of the door does not ignite. It acts as fire-resistant.
Collapsible steel doors are typically utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly used for warehouses, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already gone over in the 1t category and glass doors are absolutely nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).