GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS
A Better View Of Quality Service
Supplying bespoke wood windows and doors Dublin for over a decade.
The perfect finish to the exterior of any home is the ideal windows and doors. Gama is among the front runners for distinct windows doors Dublin. We tailor our products to match your tastes and requirements, leaving you with fittings that will last, and truly complete your house
There are different types of doors utilized in developing works categorized based upon placement of elements, approach of building and construction, working operations and construction material used. A door is an accessible barrier which is supplied in a wall opening to provide an access to the inside of a space of a building. The internal portions of a structure are connected by doors.
Types of Doors Utilized in Structure Building
Kinds of Doors based on Placing of Components
Based on the arrangement of door components, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are provided diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more effective.
- Braces need to put upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be utilized for larger openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, framework is offered in the form of two verticals, known as stiles.
- Stiles are normally 100mm wide and as far as density is concerned, the thickness of stile must amount to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, braces, stiles and ledges. It is more stiff.
- The braces are linked diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based upon Method of Building:
Based on the approach of building, the doors are once again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are really strong and will give excellent look when compared to battened doors. These are the widely utilized doors in almost all kinds of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are made up of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile should be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail needs to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are generally supplied in interior wall openings or in healthcare facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of room shows up through glazed doors and light also goes through glazed portion of the door.
- These may be completely glazed or partially glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are widely utilized because of great appearance, economic, ease of construction and higher toughness.
There are 2 types of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door consists of core strips of timber which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are provided for frame. A minimum of two intermediate rails should be provided.
- The inner area of door includes similarly space battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void area which does not exceed 40% of the location of door.
- Here also deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and also provide personal privacy in the room, the louvers allow natural ventilation.
- These are usually utilized for toilets of public and residential buildings.
- The door might be totally louvered are partially louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of timber or glass or plywood and these might be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire determined doors permits natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, bugs etc. These doors are commonly used in hotels, restaurants and for cabinets including foodstuffs.
Types of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just provided in public structures like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of consistent visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are connected.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have several sliding shutter depending up on the opening available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are generally utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. It acts like a steel drape which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm wide and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for warehouses, garages, shops and so on. These are extremely strong and deal proper safety to the home. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is offered in the drum which helps to close the shutter or open.
Types of Doors based upon Products:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are described below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as moderate steel sheet doors, however in place of moderate steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are utilized to make these doors. The rails and stiles and so on, are enhanced by welding small T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having securely folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not fire up. So, it serves as fireproof.
Collapsible steel doors are typically used for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently used for warehouses, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are absolutely nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).