GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS
A Better View Of Quality Service
Providing bespoke wood windows and doors Dublin for over a years.
The perfect finish to the outside of any home is the ideal doors and windows. Gama is among the front runners for unique windows doors Dublin. We tailor our items to match your tastes and requirements, leaving you with fittings that will last, and truly complete your house
There are different types of doors used in developing works classified based upon placement of elements, method of building and construction, working operations and construction material utilized. A door is an available barrier which is provided in a wall opening to offer an access to the inside of a space of a structure. The internal portions of a building are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Structure Construction
Types of Doors based on Placing of Elements
Based on the plan of door elements, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors ideal for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are supplied diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more effective.
- Braces ought to place upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be utilized for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, framework is provided in the form of two verticals, known as stiles.
- Stiles are normally 100mm large and as far as thickness is worried, the thickness of stile should be equal to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, stiles, ledges and braces. So, it is more rigid.
- The braces are connected diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based on Method of Building and construction:
Based upon the technique of construction, the doors are once again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are extremely strong and will give good appearance when compared to battened doors. These are the widely used doors in almost all types of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are made up of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for wider openings.
- Minimum width of stile must be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail needs to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are usually provided in interior wall openings or in hospitals, colleges etc.
- The interior of room is visible through glazed doors and light likewise travels through glazed part of the door.
- These may be completely glazed or partly glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are attended to glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are extensively utilized because of excellent look, economic, ease of building and construction and higher durability.
There are 2 kinds of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door consists of core strips of timber which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Lastly plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are offered frame. But, a minimum of 2 intermediate rails must be offered.
- The inner space of door includes similarly area battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void area which does not surpass 40% of the area of door.
- Here likewise face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and also supply personal privacy in the room, the louvers permit natural ventilation.
- These are typically used for toilets of property and public structures.
- The door might be totally louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are made up of wood or glass or plywood and these might be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire evaluated doors allows natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, bugs etc. These doors are typically used in hotels, restaurants and for cupboards including foodstuffs.
Kinds of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only provided in public structures like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of consistent visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are connected.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have one or more moving shutter depending up on the opening readily available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are typically utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. It imitates a steel curtain which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm broad and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly utilized for warehouses, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based on Materials:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already discussed in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as moderate steel sheet doors, but in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are utilized to make these doors. The rails and stiles etc., are reinforced by welding little T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is encased in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually firmly folded joints to leave out air so that the core of the door does not spark. So, it functions as fire-resistant.
Retractable steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for warehouses, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).