GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS for a more secure house
All our windows and doors are burglar-resistant. They also come with a security warranty backed by Yale and GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS. So you can unwind knowing your home is safe.
There are various types of doors used in building works classified based on placing of components, method of building and construction, working operations and construction material utilized. A door is an accessible barrier which is provided in a wall opening to offer an access to the within a space of a building. The internal portions of a structure are connected by doors.
Kinds Of Doors Utilized in Building Construction
Types of Doors based upon Placing of Parts
Based upon the arrangement of door components, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors ideal for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are provided diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more suitable.
- Braces should position upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be utilized for wider openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the simple battened and ledged door, structure is provided in the form of 2 verticals, known as stiles.
- Stiles are typically 100mm large and as far as thickness is concerned, the density of stile ought to be equal to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, ledges, stiles and braces. So, it is more rigid.
- The braces are linked diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based on Approach of Construction:
Based upon the approach of building and construction, the doors are again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are very strong and will provide excellent look when compared to battened doors. These are the widely used doors in almost all kinds of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are comprised of wood or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile should be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail must be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are typically offered in interior wall openings or in healthcare facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of space shows up through glazed doors and light also goes through glazed portion of the door.
- These may be completely glazed or partly glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are attended to glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are commonly used because of good look, economic, ease of building and higher sturdiness.
There are 2 kinds of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door consists of core strips of timber which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Finally plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are provided for frame. However, a minimum of two intermediate rails ought to be supplied.
- The inner space of door consists of similarly area battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void space which does not surpass 40% of the location of door.
- Here also face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and likewise provide privacy in the space, the louvers permit natural ventilation.
- These are typically used for toilets of public and property structures.
- The door may be fully louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of timber or glass or plywood and these might be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors allows natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests and so on. These doors are typically used in hotels, restaurants and for cabinets consisting of eatables.
Kinds of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just offered in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of constant visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are connected.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have one or more moving shutter depending up on the opening offered.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards in addition to outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are normally utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. It acts like a steel drape which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and large thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently used for storage facilities, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based on Materials:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already discussed in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as mild steel sheet doors, but in place of moderate steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are used to make these doors. The rails and stiles etc., are strengthened by welding small T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is encased in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually securely folded joints to leave out air so that the core of the door does not fire up. So, it functions as fireproof.
Retractable steel doors are usually used for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for warehouses, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).