Gama Windows & Doors to turn your home into a home
Gama Windows is a relied on supplier of windows, doors and roofline services for existing homes in the greater Dublin region. Our group has been crafting lovely bespoke products for over 35 years.
We supply high quality, burglar-resistant and energy-efficient products as requirement. But we do not compromise on design either. From preliminary design to trouble-free setup, our experts are here to assist you every step of the way.
There are different types of doors utilized in developing works categorized based on placing of components, technique of building and construction, working operations and construction product used. A door is an available barrier which is supplied in a wall opening to offer an access to the inside of a room of a building. The internal portions of a building are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Structure Construction
Types of Doors based upon Placement of Parts
Based on the arrangement of door components, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors appropriate for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are provided diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are more effective.
- Braces need to put upwards from handing side, then they serves as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be utilized for larger openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, framework is provided in the form of 2 verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are typically 100mm large and as far as density is worried, the thickness of stile should amount to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, braces, stiles and ledges. So, it is more rigid.
- The braces are linked diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based upon Method of Construction:
Based on the approach of construction, the doors are once again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are extremely strong and will give great look. These are the commonly utilized doors in almost all kinds of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are comprised of timber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for broader openings.
- Minimum width of stile should be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail needs to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are generally offered in interior wall openings or in healthcare facilities, colleges and so on.
- The interior of room is visible through glazed doors and light likewise goes through glazed portion of the door.
- These may be fully glazed or partly glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are attended to glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a solid or semi-solid or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are extensively used because of great look, financial, ease of building and higher sturdiness.
There are two types of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door includes core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are attended to frame. A minimum of 2 intermediate rails need to be provided.
- The inner area of door consists of equally space battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void space which does not go beyond 40% of the area of door.
- Here also deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and also provide privacy in the space, the louvers permit natural ventilation.
- These are normally utilized for toilets of public and domestic structures.
- The door might be totally louvered are partially louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of wood or glass or plywood and these might be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire evaluated doors allows natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, bugs and so on. These doors are commonly used in hotels, restaurants and for cupboards consisting of eatables.
Types of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just offered in public structures like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of continuous visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are connected.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have several moving shutter depending up on the opening readily available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards as well as outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are usually used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. It acts like a steel curtain which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and broad thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for warehouses, garages, shops and so on. These are really strong and deal correct safety to the property. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is offered in the drum which assists to close the shutter or open.
Kinds of Doors based on Materials:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as mild steel sheet doors, but in place of moderate steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are utilized to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are enhanced by welding little T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is framed in tight fitting sheet metal, having tightly folded joints to leave out air so that the core of the door does not spark. It acts as fireproof.
Retractable steel doors are generally utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are typically used for storage facilities, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).