GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS for a more secure house
All our windows and doors are burglar-resistant. They likewise feature a security guarantee backed by Yale and GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS. So you can unwind understanding your home is safe.
There are different types of doors utilized in constructing works categorized based on placement of parts, technique of construction, working operations and construction product used. A door is an accessible barrier which is offered in a wall opening to offer an access to the inside of a room of a structure. The internal portions of a building are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Structure Building And Construction
Types of Doors based on Placement of Elements
Based on the arrangement of door components, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors ideal for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are provided diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more suitable.
- Braces must position upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be utilized for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, framework is provided in the form of two verticals, called stiles.
- Stiles are typically 100mm large and as far as thickness is worried, the density of stile ought to amount to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, braces, stiles and ledges. It is more stiff.
- The braces are linked diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based upon Method of Construction:
Based on the technique of construction, the doors are once again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are very strong and will provide excellent appearance. These are the commonly utilized doors in almost all kinds of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are comprised of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile should be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail must be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are normally provided in interior wall openings or in hospitals, colleges and so on.
- The interior of space is visible through glazed doors and light also travels through glazed portion of the door.
- These might be fully glazed or partly glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are provided for glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or solid or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are widely utilized because of great look, economic, ease of building and construction and higher toughness.
There are 2 kinds of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door includes core strips of timber which are glued under high pressure condition. Likewise in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Finally plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are provided for frame. A minimum of two intermediate rails should be offered.
- The inner space of door consists of equally area battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void area which does not exceed 40% of the area of door.
- Here also face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers permit natural ventilation when the door is closed and also offer personal privacy in the room.
- These are generally utilized for toilets of public and residential structures.
- The door may be completely louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of wood or glass or plywood and these may be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors permits natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, insects etc. These doors are typically utilized in hotels, dining establishments and for cabinets containing eatables.
Kinds of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just offered in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of constant visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are connected.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have one or more moving shutter depending up on the opening available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards as well as outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are typically used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. It imitates a steel curtain which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm large and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically used for storage facilities, garages, stores and so on. These are extremely strong and offer correct safety to the property. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is supplied in the drum which assists to open or close the shutter.
Kinds of Doors based upon Materials:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are explained listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as moderate steel sheet doors, however in place of moderate steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are utilized to make these doors. The stiles and rails etc., are strengthened by welding little T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is encased in tight fitting sheet metal, having securely folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not fire up. So, it serves as fire-resistant.
Collapsible steel doors are normally utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are typically used for warehouses, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already gone over in the 1t category and glass doors are absolutely nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).