GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS
A Better View Of Quality Service
Offering bespoke wooden windows and doors Dublin for over a decade.
The best finish to the outside of any house is the best windows and doors. Gama is one of the front runners for unique windows doors Dublin. We tailor our items to suit your tastes and needs, leaving you with fittings that will last, and truly total your home
There are different kinds of doors utilized in constructing works categorized based on placement of elements, method of construction, working operations and construction product utilized. A door is an accessible barrier which is provided in a wall opening to give an access to the inside of a room of a structure. The internal parts of a building are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Building Construction
Types of Doors based upon Placement of Components
Based upon the plan of door components, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors ideal for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are provided diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are more suitable.
- Braces ought to position upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be utilized for larger openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, framework is provided in the form of 2 verticals, called stiles.
- Stiles are usually 100mm broad and as far as density is concerned, the density of stile should be equal to the combined density of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, stiles, braces and ledges. It is more rigid.
- The braces are connected diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based upon Method of Building and construction:
Based on the method of building, the doors are once again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are extremely strong and will offer great appearance. These are the extensively utilized doors in almost all types of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are made up of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile should be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail should be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are normally offered in interior wall openings or in health centers, colleges and so on.
- The interior of room is visible through glazed doors and light likewise goes through glazed portion of the door.
- These might be completely glazed or partly glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a solid or semi-solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are widely used because of great look, economic, ease of construction and higher durability.
There are two kinds of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door includes core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. Likewise in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are attended to frame. However, a minimum of 2 intermediate rails ought to be supplied.
- The inner area of door consists of similarly area battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void area which does not exceed 40% of the location of door.
- Here likewise face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and also offer privacy in the room, the louvers allow natural ventilation.
- These are usually used for toilets of public and residential buildings.
- The door may be completely louvered are partially louvered.
- Louvers are made up of timber or glass or plywood and these might be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors permits natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, insects and so on. These doors are commonly used in hotels, restaurants and for cabinets including eatables.
Kinds of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only supplied in public structures like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of consistent visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are connected.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have several moving shutter depending up on the opening readily available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are usually utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. It imitates a steel drape which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm large and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for storage facilities, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Types of Doors based upon Products:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already gone over in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as moderate steel sheet doors, however in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are used to make these doors. The rails and stiles etc., are strengthened by welding little T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having tightly folded joints to leave out air so that the core of the door does not spark. It acts as fireproof.
Collapsible steel doors are typically used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently used for storage facilities, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).