Gama Windows & Doors to turn your house into a house
Gama Windows is a relied on supplier of windows, doors and roofline services for existing homes in the higher Dublin area. Our group has been crafting lovely bespoke products for over 35 years.
We supply high quality, burglar-resistant and energy-efficient items as requirement. We do not jeopardize on style either. From initial style to stress-free setup, our specialists are here to assist you every step of the method.
There are different kinds of doors used in developing works categorized based upon placement of components, method of construction, working operations and construction product used. A door is an available barrier which is supplied in a wall opening to offer an access to the within a space of a structure. The internal parts of a building are linked by doors.
Kinds Of Doors Utilized in Building Building
Types of Doors based on Placement of Components
Based upon the plan of door elements, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors appropriate for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are offered diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more effective.
- Braces must place upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be used for wider openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, structure is offered in the form of two verticals, known as stiles.
- Stiles are normally 100mm broad and as far as density is concerned, the thickness of stile should amount to the combined density of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, ledges, stiles and braces. It is more stiff.
- The braces are linked diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based upon Technique of Building:
Based on the technique of building and construction, the doors are again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are extremely strong and will provide good look. These are the widely utilized doors in almost all kinds of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are comprised of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for broader openings.
- Minimum width of stile ought to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail must be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are normally supplied in interior wall openings or in healthcare facilities, colleges and so on.
- The interior of room is visible through glazed doors and light likewise passes through glazed part of the door.
- These might be completely glazed or partially glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or strong or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are widely used because of great look, financial, ease of construction and higher durability.
There are two types of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door includes core strips of timber which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are provided for frame. However, a minimum of two intermediate rails should be provided.
- The inner space of door includes similarly space battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void space which does not go beyond 40% of the location of door.
- Here likewise deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and likewise provide privacy in the space, the louvers allow natural ventilation.
- These are usually used for toilets of property and public structures.
- The door may be completely louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of lumber or glass or plywood and these might be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire gauged doors allows natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, insects etc. These doors are frequently used in hotels, restaurants and for cupboards consisting of foodstuffs.
Kinds of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just provided in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of consistent visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are attached.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have several sliding shutter depending up on the opening readily available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are typically used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. It imitates a steel curtain which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and wide thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for storage facilities, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based upon Materials:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as mild steel sheet doors, however in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are used to make these doors. The rails and stiles etc., are strengthened by welding little T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is encased in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually securely folded joints to omit air so that the core of the door does not ignite. So, it functions as fire-resistant.
Collapsible steel doors are usually utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently used for warehouses, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are absolutely nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).