Appealing entry doors boost any house’s look
GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS uses a broad selection of stunning designer entryway doors, consisting of one of the most extensive series of aluminium property doors on the planet. These exceptionally safe, stylish, modern designer Spitfire doors have actually developed an incomparable track record with the most discerning clients.
There are various kinds of doors utilized in developing works categorized based on placement of components, technique of building, working operations and construction product utilized. A door is an available barrier which is offered in a wall opening to provide an access to the within a space of a building. The internal parts of a structure are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Utilized in Structure Building And Construction
Types of Doors based upon Placing of Elements
Based on the arrangement of door components, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors ideal for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are offered diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more suitable.
- Braces need to put upwards from handing side, then they serves as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be utilized for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, structure is provided in the form of two verticals, called stiles.
- Stiles are usually 100mm large and as far as thickness is worried, the thickness of stile need to amount to the combined density of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, braces, stiles and ledges. So, it is more rigid.
- The braces are connected diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based on Technique of Building and construction:
Based upon the technique of building and construction, the doors are again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are really strong and will offer good appearance when compared to battened doors. These are the commonly utilized doors in almost all types of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are comprised of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile must be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail should be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are usually offered in interior wall openings or in medical facilities, colleges and so on.
- The interior of room shows up through glazed doors and light also goes through glazed part of the door.
- These may be completely glazed or partly glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a strong or semi-solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are extensively utilized because of good appearance, economic, ease of building and construction and greater toughness.
There are two kinds of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door consists of core strips of wood which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Lastly plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are provided for frame. But, a minimum of 2 intermediate rails should be provided.
- The inner space of door includes similarly space battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void space which does not exceed 40% of the location of door.
- Here also deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers permit natural ventilation when the door is closed and likewise supply privacy in the space.
- These are normally used for toilets of public and domestic structures.
- The door might be fully louvered are partially louvered.
- Louvers are made up of wood or glass or plywood and these might be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire evaluated doors allows natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, bugs etc. These doors are commonly utilized in hotels, restaurants and for cabinets including eatables.
Kinds of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only supplied in public structures like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of constant visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are connected.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have one or more moving shutter depending up on the opening available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. It acts like a steel drape which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm wide and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically used for storage facilities, garages, stores and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based upon Products:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like moderate steel sheet doors, but in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are used to make these doors. The rails and stiles and so on, are strengthened by welding little T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually firmly folded joints to omit air so that the core of the door does not fire up. So, it serves as fireproof.
Retractable steel doors are typically used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for warehouses, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).