GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS
A Better View Of Quality Service
Offering bespoke wood windows and doors Dublin for over a decade.
The best surface to the outside of any home is the best windows and doors. Gama is among the front runners for unique windows doors Dublin. We customize our products to suit your tastes and requirements, leaving you with fittings that will last, and really total your home
There are various types of doors utilized in building works classified based on placement of components, approach of construction, working operations and building and construction product used. A door is an accessible barrier which is provided in a wall opening to provide an access to the inside of a space of a structure. The internal portions of a structure are connected by doors.
Types of Doors Utilized in Structure Construction
Types of Doors based upon Placing of Components
Based upon the plan of door components, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are supplied diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are preferable.
- Braces need to position upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be used for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, framework is supplied in the form of two verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are generally 100mm large and as far as thickness is worried, the density of stile ought to be equal to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, braces, ledges and stiles. So, it is more stiff.
- The braces are linked diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based upon Method of Building and construction:
Based upon the technique of building, the doors are again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are very strong and will offer excellent appearance. These are the commonly utilized doors in almost all kinds of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are comprised of wood or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for broader openings.
- Minimum width of stile ought to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail should be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are normally provided in interior wall openings or in healthcare facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of room shows up through glazed doors and light likewise goes through glazed portion of the door.
- These might be completely glazed or partly glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are attended to glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or strong or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are extensively used because of good look, economic, ease of construction and higher resilience.
There are 2 kinds of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door includes core strips of timber which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are attended to frame. But, a minimum of two intermediate rails must be supplied.
- The inner space of door includes equally area battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void area which does not surpass 40% of the location of door.
- Here also deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers allow natural ventilation when the door is closed and likewise supply personal privacy in the space.
- These are normally utilized for toilets of public and property structures.
- The door might be totally louvered are partially louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of timber or glass or plywood and these might be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors permits natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests and so on. These doors are typically used in hotels, dining establishments and for cabinets containing foodstuffs.
Kinds of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only provided in public structures like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of consistent visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are connected.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have one or more sliding shutter depending up on the opening offered.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards in addition to outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are usually used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. It imitates a steel drape which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm wide and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for storage facilities, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based on Materials:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as mild steel sheet doors, however in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are used to make these doors. The rails and stiles etc., are strengthened by welding small T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having securely folded joints to leave out air so that the core of the door does not spark. It acts as fire-resistant.
Retractable steel doors are normally used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for storage facilities, garages, stores and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).