GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS for a safer home
All our windows and doors are burglar-resistant. They also feature a security warranty backed by Yale and GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS. So you can relax understanding your home is safe.
There are various types of doors utilized in developing works classified based upon placement of elements, approach of building and construction, working operations and construction product utilized. A door is an accessible barrier which is provided in a wall opening to give an access to the inside of a space of a structure. The internal parts of a structure are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Utilized in Building Building And Construction
Kinds of Doors based upon Placement of Parts
Based on the arrangement of door elements, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are offered diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more suitable.
- Braces should place upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be used for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the simple battened and ledged door, framework is provided in the form of 2 verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are normally 100mm wide and as far as density is concerned, the thickness of stile ought to amount to the combined density of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, stiles, ledges and braces. It is more stiff.
- The braces are connected diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based upon Method of Construction:
Based on the technique of building, the doors are once again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are really strong and will provide excellent look when compared to battened doors. These are the commonly used doors in almost all kinds of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are made up of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile should be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail should be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are generally supplied in interior wall openings or in healthcare facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of space shows up through glazed doors and light also goes through glazed part of the door.
- These may be totally glazed or partially glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are attended to glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or strong or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are commonly utilized because of great look, financial, ease of building and construction and greater durability.
There are 2 kinds of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door includes core strips of timber which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are provided for frame. However, a minimum of 2 intermediate rails should be offered.
- The inner area of door includes similarly space battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void space which does not go beyond 40% of the area of door.
- Here likewise face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers allow natural ventilation when the door is closed and likewise provide personal privacy in the space.
- These are typically utilized for toilets of residential and public structures.
- The door may be fully louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of lumber or glass or plywood and these may be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire determined doors allows natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests and so on. These doors are commonly utilized in hotels, dining establishments and for cupboards including foodstuffs.
Kinds of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just supplied in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of constant visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are connected.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have one or more sliding shutter depending up on the opening offered.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. It imitates a steel drape which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm broad and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly used for storage facilities, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Types of Doors based upon Products:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as mild steel sheet doors, however in place of moderate steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are used to make these doors. The rails and stiles etc., are strengthened by welding small T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having tightly folded joints to omit air so that the core of the door does not fire up. So, it functions as fire-resistant.
Retractable steel doors are usually utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently used for storage facilities, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already gone over in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).