GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS for a safer house
All our doors and windows are burglar-resistant. They likewise come with a security assurance backed by Yale and GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS. You can relax understanding your house is safe.
There are various kinds of doors utilized in building works classified based on placing of parts, method of construction, working operations and building and construction product used. A door is an accessible barrier which is supplied in a wall opening to give an access to the within a space of a building. The internal parts of a building are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Building Building
Types of Doors based on Placing of Elements
Based on the arrangement of door parts, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors ideal for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are offered diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more suitable.
- Braces should position upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be utilized for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, structure is offered in the form of 2 verticals, known as stiles.
- Stiles are normally 100mm wide and as far as density is concerned, the density of stile ought to amount to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, stiles, ledges and braces. So, it is more stiff.
- The braces are connected diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based upon Technique of Building and construction:
Based upon the technique of building, the doors are again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are extremely strong and will provide excellent appearance when compared to battened doors. These are the commonly utilized doors in almost all kinds of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are comprised of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile ought to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail ought to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are usually supplied in interior wall openings or in hospitals, colleges etc.
- The interior of space is visible through glazed doors and light likewise passes through glazed portion of the door.
- These may be totally glazed or partly glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are attended to glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a solid or semi-solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are widely used because of excellent look, financial, ease of construction and higher sturdiness.
There are two kinds of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door includes core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. Likewise in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Lastly plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are offered frame. But, a minimum of 2 intermediate rails ought to be supplied.
- The inner space of door consists of equally area battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void area which does not go beyond 40% of the area of door.
- Here also face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and likewise offer personal privacy in the space, the louvers allow natural ventilation.
- These are generally utilized for toilets of public and property structures.
- The door may be totally louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of timber or glass or plywood and these might be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire gauged doors allows natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests and so on. These doors are frequently used in hotels, dining establishments and for cabinets including eatables.
Types of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only supplied in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of continuous visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are connected.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have several sliding shutter depending up on the opening offered.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards as well as outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are typically utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. It acts like a steel drape which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and broad thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for storage facilities, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based upon Materials:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are described below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like moderate steel sheet doors, however in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are used to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are enhanced by welding small T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually securely folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not spark. So, it functions as fire-resistant.
Collapsible steel doors are generally utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for warehouses, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).