GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS
A Better View Of Quality Service
Offering bespoke wooden windows and doors Dublin for over a decade.
The perfect finish to the outside of any house is the right doors and windows. Gama is one of the front runners for distinct windows doors Dublin. We tailor our items to suit your requirements and tastes, leaving you with fittings that will last, and truly complete your home
There are various kinds of doors used in building works classified based upon placement of parts, technique of construction, working operations and construction product utilized. A door is an accessible barrier which is provided in a wall opening to provide an access to the inside of a room of a structure. The internal parts of a structure are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Building Building
Kinds of Doors based upon Placing of Elements
Based upon the arrangement of door components, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are supplied diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are preferable.
- Braces should place upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be used for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the simple battened and ledged door, framework is supplied in the form of two verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are usually 100mm wide and as far as thickness is concerned, the density of stile ought to be equal to the combined density of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, ledges, stiles and braces. It is more rigid.
- The braces are linked diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based upon Method of Construction:
Based on the approach of building, the doors are again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are extremely strong and will offer excellent look when compared to battened doors. These are the commonly used doors in almost all types of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are made up of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for wider openings.
- Minimum width of stile ought to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail must be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are generally offered in interior wall openings or in healthcare facilities, colleges and so on.
- The interior of space shows up through glazed doors and light likewise goes through glazed portion of the door.
- These may be fully glazed or partially glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a strong or semi-solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are commonly used because of great look, economic, ease of construction and higher resilience.
There are 2 kinds of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door consists of core strips of wood which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are attended to frame. A minimum of 2 intermediate rails ought to be provided.
- The inner area of door consists of equally space battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void space which does not surpass 40% of the location of door.
- Here likewise deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and also offer privacy in the room, the louvers permit natural ventilation.
- These are typically used for toilets of public and property structures.
- The door might be fully louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are made up of lumber or glass or plywood and these might be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire evaluated doors permits natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, bugs and so on. These doors are commonly used in hotels, restaurants and for cupboards including eatables.
Kinds of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only offered in public structures like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of constant visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are connected.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have one or more sliding shutter depending up on the opening offered.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. It imitates a steel curtain which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and wide thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for storage facilities, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Types of Doors based on Materials:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are explained listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as mild steel sheet doors, but in place of moderate steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are utilized to make these doors. The rails and stiles etc., are strengthened by welding small T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is encased in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually firmly folded joints to omit air so that the core of the door does not fire up. So, it functions as fire-resistant.
Collapsible steel doors are normally used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly used for warehouses, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are absolutely nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).