GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS for a safer home
All our windows and doors are burglar-resistant. They also include a security warranty backed by Yale and GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS. So you can relax understanding your home is safe.
There are various types of doors utilized in constructing works categorized based upon placement of elements, approach of building and construction, working operations and building and construction product used. A door is an available barrier which is provided in a wall opening to give an access to the inside of a room of a building. The internal portions of a structure are connected by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Structure Construction
Types of Doors based on Placement of Parts
Based upon the arrangement of door components, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are supplied diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are preferable.
- Braces need to position upwards from handing side, then they serves as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be utilized for wider openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, structure is offered in the form of 2 verticals, called stiles.
- Stiles are normally 100mm broad and as far as density is worried, the density of stile need to be equal to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, ledges, braces and stiles. It is more rigid.
- The braces are connected diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based upon Approach of Construction:
Based on the method of building and construction, the doors are once again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are very strong and will give good look. These are the extensively utilized doors in almost all kinds of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are comprised of wood or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for wider openings.
- Minimum width of stile must be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail ought to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are normally supplied in interior wall openings or in medical facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of room shows up through glazed doors and light likewise travels through glazed portion of the door.
- These may be fully glazed or partly glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are provided for glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a solid or semi-solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are widely utilized because of great appearance, economic, ease of building and construction and greater toughness.
There are two kinds of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door consists of core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Lastly plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are attended to frame. However, a minimum of two intermediate rails should be supplied.
- The inner area of door consists of equally space battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void area which does not surpass 40% of the area of door.
- Here also deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and also supply privacy in the space, the louvers permit natural ventilation.
- These are generally used for toilets of public and domestic structures.
- The door may be totally louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are made up of wood or glass or plywood and these may be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire evaluated doors permits natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests and so on. These doors are commonly utilized in hotels, restaurants and for cabinets consisting of foodstuffs.
Kinds of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only provided in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of continuous visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are attached.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have several sliding shutter depending up on the opening available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards as well as outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are typically utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. It acts like a steel curtain which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm broad and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for storage facilities, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based upon Materials:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are explained below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as moderate steel sheet doors, but in place of moderate steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are utilized to make these doors. The rails and stiles etc., are strengthened by welding small T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually firmly folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not spark. So, it functions as fireproof.
Collapsible steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently used for storage facilities, garages, stores and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).