Attractive entry doors enhance any house’s look
GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS provides a broad selection of stunning designer entryway doors, consisting of one of the most extensive varieties of aluminium domestic doors on the planet. These exceptionally safe, elegant, modern designer Spitfire doors have actually established an unique reputation with the most discerning clients.
There are different kinds of doors used in constructing works classified based upon placement of components, technique of building, working operations and construction material used. A door is an available barrier which is offered in a wall opening to give an access to the inside of a space of a structure. The internal portions of a structure are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Structure Construction
Types of Doors based upon Placing of Components
Based upon the arrangement of door elements, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors ideal for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are offered diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more suitable.
- Braces must place upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be utilized for wider openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, framework is offered in the form of two verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are generally 100mm large and as far as density is worried, the density of stile should amount to the combined density of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, ledges, braces and stiles. It is more stiff.
- The braces are connected diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based on Technique of Building:
Based on the method of building and construction, the doors are once again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are really strong and will offer great appearance when compared to battened doors. These are the widely used doors in almost all kinds of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are made up of wood or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile need to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail needs to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are generally supplied in interior wall openings or in healthcare facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of room shows up through glazed doors and light also passes through glazed part of the door.
- These might be totally glazed or partly glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a solid or semi-solid or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are widely used because of good look, economic, ease of building and higher durability.
There are two kinds of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door consists of core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. Likewise in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are attended to frame. A minimum of 2 intermediate rails should be offered.
- The inner area of door includes similarly area battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void area which does not exceed 40% of the location of door.
- Here likewise face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers allow natural ventilation when the door is closed and likewise offer personal privacy in the room.
- These are typically utilized for toilets of public and domestic structures.
- The door might be completely louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of lumber or glass or plywood and these might be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire determined doors permits natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests and so on. These doors are typically utilized in hotels, dining establishments and for cabinets consisting of eatables.
Types of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only supplied in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of continuous visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are connected.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have one or more moving shutter depending up on the opening offered.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards as well as outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are usually utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. It imitates a steel drape which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and large thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically used for storage facilities, garages, stores and so on. These are very strong and offer correct security to the residential or commercial property. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is offered in the drum which assists to close the shutter or open.
Kinds of Doors based upon Materials:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently gone over in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are explained below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like mild steel sheet doors, but in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are utilized to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are strengthened by welding little T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is encased in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually firmly folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not spark. So, it serves as fireproof.
Collapsible steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly utilized for warehouses, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are absolutely nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).