GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS for a more secure home
All our windows and doors are burglar-resistant. They likewise include a security guarantee backed by Yale and GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS. You can unwind understanding your home is safe.
There are various types of doors utilized in developing works classified based on placement of parts, approach of building, working operations and construction material used. A door is an accessible barrier which is provided in a wall opening to provide an access to the inside of a space of a building. The internal portions of a building are linked by doors.
Kinds Of Doors Used in Structure Building And Construction
Kinds of Doors based upon Placement of Parts
Based on the arrangement of door parts, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors appropriate for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are provided diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are more suitable.
- Braces should put upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be used for larger openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the simple battened and ledged door, framework is provided in the form of 2 verticals, called stiles.
- Stiles are normally 100mm large and as far as density is concerned, the thickness of stile ought to be equal to the combined density of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, ledges, stiles and braces. So, it is more stiff.
- The braces are linked diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based on Technique of Construction:
Based on the method of building and construction, the doors are once again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are really strong and will provide good appearance. These are the widely utilized doors in almost all types of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are made up of wood or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for wider openings.
- Minimum width of stile ought to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail must be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are typically provided in interior wall openings or in hospitals, colleges etc.
- The interior of space is visible through glazed doors and light also passes through glazed portion of the door.
- These might be totally glazed or partly glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or solid or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are widely used because of excellent look, financial, ease of building and construction and greater toughness.
There are two types of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door includes core strips of wood which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are attended to frame. A minimum of two intermediate rails need to be provided.
- The inner space of door consists of similarly space battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void space which does not exceed 40% of the area of door.
- Here likewise deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and likewise offer privacy in the space, the louvers permit natural ventilation.
- These are generally utilized for toilets of public and residential buildings.
- The door might be totally louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of lumber or glass or plywood and these might be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire evaluated doors permits natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, insects and so on. These doors are frequently utilized in hotels, restaurants and for cupboards including foodstuffs.
Kinds of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just provided in public structures like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of consistent visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are attached.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have one or more moving shutter depending up on the opening available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards as well as outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are usually used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. It acts like a steel drape which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm broad and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly used for warehouses, garages, shops etc. These are very strong and offer appropriate security to the property. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is provided in the drum which assists to open or close the shutter.
Types of Doors based on Materials:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are described below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as moderate steel sheet doors, but in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are utilized to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are enhanced by welding little T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is encased in tight fitting sheet metal, having securely folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not spark. It acts as fireproof.
Retractable steel doors are normally used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently used for storage facilities, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already gone over in the 1t category and glass doors are absolutely nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).