GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS for a more secure house
All our doors and windows are burglar-resistant. They likewise feature a security guarantee backed by Yale and GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS. You can unwind knowing your house is safe.
There are different kinds of doors used in developing works classified based on placing of components, approach of building and construction, working operations and building product utilized. A door is an accessible barrier which is provided in a wall opening to provide an access to the within a space of a building. The internal portions of a structure are connected by doors.
Kinds Of Doors Utilized in Structure Building
Kinds of Doors based upon Placement of Elements
Based on the plan of door components, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors ideal for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are supplied diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are preferable.
- Braces ought to place upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be used for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the easy battened and ledged door, framework is supplied in the form of 2 verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are generally 100mm broad and as far as density is concerned, the density of stile need to amount to the combined density of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, ledges, stiles and braces. So, it is more rigid.
- The braces are connected diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based upon Method of Construction:
Based on the approach of building, the doors are once again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are really strong and will offer excellent look. These are the widely used doors in almost all types of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are comprised of wood or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for wider openings.
- Minimum width of stile ought to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail ought to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are typically provided in interior wall openings or in health centers, colleges etc.
- The interior of space is visible through glazed doors and light also travels through glazed part of the door.
- These may be completely glazed or partly glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are provided for glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or solid or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are widely utilized because of good appearance, economic, ease of building and construction and greater resilience.
There are two kinds of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door includes core strips of wood which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Lastly plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are attended to frame. However, a minimum of two intermediate rails should be offered.
- The inner space of door consists of similarly area battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void space which does not go beyond 40% of the area of door.
- Here also deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers permit natural ventilation when the door is closed and also offer personal privacy in the space.
- These are usually used for toilets of public and residential buildings.
- The door may be completely louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are made up of lumber or glass or plywood and these may be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors permits natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, bugs etc. These doors are frequently used in hotels, dining establishments and for cabinets consisting of eatables.
Types of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only supplied in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of continuous visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are connected.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have one or more moving shutter depending up on the opening offered.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. It acts like a steel curtain which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm large and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly utilized for storage facilities, garages, stores etc. These are very strong and deal appropriate safety to the property. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is offered in the drum which assists to close the shutter or open.
Kinds of Doors based upon Products:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are described listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like moderate steel sheet doors, however in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are used to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are strengthened by welding little T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually securely folded joints to leave out air so that the core of the door does not ignite. So, it functions as fireproof.
Retractable steel doors are usually utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently used for storage facilities, garages, stores and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already gone over in the 1t category and glass doors are absolutely nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).