GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS for a more secure home
All our doors and windows are burglar-resistant. They likewise feature a security assurance backed by Yale and GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS. So you can unwind knowing your home is safe.
There are different types of doors utilized in developing works categorized based upon placing of parts, technique of construction, working operations and construction product used. A door is an available barrier which is offered in a wall opening to provide an access to the inside of a space of a structure. The internal parts of a building are connected by doors.
Kinds Of Doors Utilized in Building Building And Construction
Kinds of Doors based upon Placing of Parts
Based upon the arrangement of door parts, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors appropriate for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are supplied diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more suitable.
- Braces need to put upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be utilized for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the easy battened and ledged door, structure is supplied in the form of 2 verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are normally 100mm wide and as far as density is concerned, the thickness of stile ought to be equal to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, braces, stiles and ledges. So, it is more stiff.
- The braces are linked diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based on Approach of Construction:
Based on the method of construction, the doors are again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are extremely strong and will give good appearance when compared to battened doors. These are the widely used doors in almost all kinds of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are made up of wood or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for broader openings.
- Minimum width of stile must be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail must be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are typically provided in interior wall openings or in medical facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of space is visible through glazed doors and light likewise travels through glazed part of the door.
- These might be completely glazed or partially glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are provided for glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or strong or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are commonly used because of excellent look, financial, ease of building and greater sturdiness.
There are two types of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door includes core strips of wood which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are attended to frame. A minimum of 2 intermediate rails need to be provided.
- The inner area of door includes similarly area battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void area which does not go beyond 40% of the location of door.
- Here also face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers permit natural ventilation when the door is closed and also provide privacy in the room.
- These are normally utilized for toilets of public and domestic structures.
- The door might be totally louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are made up of timber or glass or plywood and these might be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors allows natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests etc. These doors are frequently used in hotels, dining establishments and for cupboards consisting of eatables.
Types of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just provided in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of consistent visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are attached.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have several moving shutter depending up on the opening readily available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards as well as outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are usually utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. It acts like a steel drape which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm wide and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically used for warehouses, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based on Materials:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are described listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like moderate steel sheet doors, however in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are utilized to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are enhanced by welding small T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually tightly folded joints to leave out air so that the core of the door does not fire up. It acts as fireproof.
Collapsible steel doors are usually utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for storage facilities, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are absolutely nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).