Appealing entry doors enhance any home’s appearance
GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS uses a broad choice of beautiful designer entrance doors, including one of the most thorough varieties of aluminium property doors worldwide. These incredibly protected, stylish, modern designer Spitfire doors have developed an unrivalled reputation with the most discerning clients.
There are different types of doors utilized in developing works categorized based on placing of elements, approach of building, working operations and construction product used. A door is an accessible barrier which is offered in a wall opening to give an access to the inside of a room of a structure. The internal parts of a structure are linked by doors.
Kinds Of Doors Utilized in Structure Construction
Kinds of Doors based on Placing of Parts
Based on the arrangement of door elements, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are supplied diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are more effective.
- Braces ought to place upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be utilized for larger openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, framework is provided in the form of 2 verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are typically 100mm broad and as far as density is worried, the density of stile need to amount to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, braces, ledges and stiles. It is more stiff.
- The braces are connected diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based on Technique of Construction:
Based upon the technique of construction, the doors are once again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are extremely strong and will give good appearance. These are the widely utilized doors in almost all types of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are made up of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for broader openings.
- Minimum width of stile need to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail should be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are generally offered in interior wall openings or in healthcare facilities, colleges and so on.
- The interior of room is visible through glazed doors and light likewise passes through glazed portion of the door.
- These may be totally glazed or partially glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are provided for glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a solid or semi-solid or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are widely utilized because of great look, economic, ease of building and higher sturdiness.
There are two kinds of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door includes core strips of timber which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Finally plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are provided for frame. But, a minimum of two intermediate rails must be offered.
- The inner area of door consists of equally space battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void area which does not go beyond 40% of the location of door.
- Here likewise face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and also offer personal privacy in the space, the louvers allow natural ventilation.
- These are typically used for toilets of domestic and public structures.
- The door may be completely louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of lumber or glass or plywood and these may be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors permits natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, insects and so on. These doors are commonly used in hotels, dining establishments and for cabinets consisting of foodstuffs.
Types of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just supplied in public structures like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of constant visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are attached.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have one or more moving shutter depending up on the opening readily available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. It imitates a steel curtain which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and wide thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically used for storage facilities, garages, stores and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based upon Materials:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as mild steel sheet doors, however in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are used to make these doors. The stiles and rails etc., are strengthened by welding small T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is framed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually securely folded joints to omit air so that the core of the door does not ignite. It acts as fire-resistant.
Retractable steel doors are typically used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly used for warehouses, garages, stores and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are absolutely nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).