Gama Windows & Doors to turn your home into a house
Gama Windows is a relied on supplier of windows, doors and roofline services for existing homes in the higher Dublin area. Our group has been crafting lovely bespoke items for over 35 years.
We provide high quality, energy-efficient and burglar-resistant items as standard. However we do not compromise on style either. From preliminary design to trouble-free installation, our professionals are here to assist you every step of the method.
There are different types of doors utilized in constructing works categorized based upon placing of parts, approach of building, working operations and construction product used. A door is an available barrier which is provided in a wall opening to give an access to the inside of a room of a building. The internal parts of a building are linked by doors.
Kinds Of Doors Utilized in Building Building And Construction
Kinds of Doors based on Placing of Components
Based upon the arrangement of door parts, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors appropriate for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are offered diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are preferable.
- Braces should place upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be utilized for larger openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the simple battened and ledged door, structure is supplied in the form of two verticals, known as stiles.
- Stiles are generally 100mm wide and as far as density is worried, the thickness of stile need to amount to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, ledges, braces and stiles. It is more rigid.
- The braces are connected diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based upon Method of Building and construction:
Based upon the technique of building, the doors are again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are really strong and will give good look. These are the extensively used doors in almost all kinds of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are made up of wood or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile ought to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail ought to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are typically provided in interior wall openings or in medical facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of space is visible through glazed doors and light likewise goes through glazed portion of the door.
- These might be totally glazed or partially glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are attended to glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are widely used because of good appearance, financial, ease of construction and higher sturdiness.
There are two types of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door consists of core strips of wood which are glued under high pressure condition. Likewise in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Lastly plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are offered frame. A minimum of two intermediate rails need to be supplied.
- The inner area of door includes similarly space battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void space which does not exceed 40% of the area of door.
- Here likewise face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and also offer personal privacy in the space, the louvers allow natural ventilation.
- These are usually utilized for toilets of public and property structures.
- The door may be totally louvered are partially louvered.
- Louvers are made up of wood or glass or plywood and these may be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors permits natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests etc. These doors are frequently used in hotels, dining establishments and for cabinets containing eatables.
Kinds of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only provided in public structures like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of continuous visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are connected.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have one or more moving shutter depending up on the opening available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are typically used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. It imitates a steel curtain which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and large thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for storage facilities, garages, shops and so on. These are extremely strong and deal appropriate safety to the home. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is supplied in the drum which helps to open or close the shutter.
Kinds of Doors based on Materials:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are described below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as mild steel sheet doors, however in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are utilized to make these doors. The rails and stiles etc., are reinforced by welding small T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually tightly folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not fire up. It acts as fire-resistant.
Retractable steel doors are normally utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are typically used for storage facilities, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained listed below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).