Attractive entry doors improve any home’s appearance
GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS uses a wide choice of lovely designer entryway doors, consisting of among the most extensive ranges of aluminium property doors on the planet. These extremely safe and secure, trendy, contemporary designer Spitfire doors have actually established an unique track record with the most critical clients.
There are various kinds of doors utilized in developing works classified based on placing of parts, approach of building and construction, working operations and building and construction material used. A door is an accessible barrier which is supplied in a wall opening to provide an access to the within a space of a structure. The internal parts of a building are connected by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Structure Construction
Types of Doors based on Placement of Parts
Based upon the plan of door components, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors ideal for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are provided diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more suitable.
- Braces ought to put upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be used for wider openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the simple battened and ledged door, framework is offered in the form of 2 verticals, called stiles.
- Stiles are usually 100mm large and as far as density is worried, the thickness of stile must amount to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, stiles, braces and ledges. So, it is more rigid.
- The braces are connected diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based on Technique of Building and construction:
Based on the method of building, the doors are again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are very strong and will offer great appearance. These are the commonly utilized doors in almost all types of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are made up of wood or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for broader openings.
- Minimum width of stile should be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail needs to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are typically provided in interior wall openings or in medical facilities, colleges and so on.
- The interior of room is visible through glazed doors and light likewise travels through glazed part of the door.
- These may be totally glazed or partially glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are provided for glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or strong or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are commonly used because of great appearance, financial, ease of construction and higher durability.
There are two kinds of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door consists of core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are offered frame. But, a minimum of 2 intermediate rails ought to be supplied.
- The inner space of door includes similarly area battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void area which does not surpass 40% of the location of door.
- Here likewise deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and likewise offer personal privacy in the room, the louvers permit natural ventilation.
- These are usually utilized for toilets of domestic and public buildings.
- The door might be fully louvered are partially louvered.
- Louvers are made up of wood or glass or plywood and these might be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire determined doors allows natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, insects etc. These doors are frequently used in hotels, dining establishments and for cabinets including eatables.
Kinds of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only offered in public structures like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of consistent visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are attached.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have one or more sliding shutter depending up on the opening available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards in addition to outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are typically utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. It imitates a steel curtain which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm broad and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically used for storage facilities, garages, stores and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based upon Materials:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already discussed in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as moderate steel sheet doors, however in place of moderate steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are used to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are strengthened by welding little T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is framed in tight fitting sheet metal, having tightly folded joints to leave out air so that the core of the door does not spark. So, it serves as fireproof.
Collapsible steel doors are usually utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly utilized for storage facilities, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained listed below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).