GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS
A Better View Of Quality Service
Supplying bespoke wood windows and doors Dublin for over a decade.
The ideal finish to the exterior of any house is the best doors and windows. Gama is one of the front runners for special windows doors Dublin. We customize our products to suit your tastes and requirements, leaving you with fittings that will last, and really total your home
There are different types of doors utilized in constructing works classified based on placing of elements, method of building and construction, working operations and building and construction product utilized. A door is an available barrier which is supplied in a wall opening to give an access to the inside of a room of a building. The internal portions of a building are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Utilized in Building Building And Construction
Kinds of Doors based on Placing of Components
Based on the plan of door parts, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are provided diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are more suitable.
- Braces must position upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be utilized for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the simple battened and ledged door, framework is offered in the form of two verticals, called stiles.
- Stiles are typically 100mm wide and as far as thickness is concerned, the thickness of stile should be equal to the combined density of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, ledges, stiles and braces. So, it is more stiff.
- The braces are linked diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based upon Technique of Construction:
Based on the technique of construction, the doors are once again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are very strong and will provide good appearance when compared to battened doors. These are the commonly utilized doors in almost all kinds of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are comprised of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for wider openings.
- Minimum width of stile must be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail needs to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are typically supplied in interior wall openings or in medical facilities, colleges and so on.
- The interior of space shows up through glazed doors and light also passes through glazed part of the door.
- These might be completely glazed or partially glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are extensively used because of excellent appearance, financial, ease of building and greater durability.
There are 2 kinds of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door consists of core strips of wood which are glued under high pressure condition. Likewise in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Finally plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are offered frame. A minimum of two intermediate rails must be provided.
- The inner space of door includes similarly area battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void area which does not surpass 40% of the area of door.
- Here also deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and also supply personal privacy in the space, the louvers allow natural ventilation.
- These are normally used for toilets of public and domestic buildings.
- The door might be completely louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of wood or glass or plywood and these may be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire gauged doors permits natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests and so on. These doors are typically used in hotels, dining establishments and for cabinets including foodstuffs.
Kinds of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only provided in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of constant visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are connected.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have one or more sliding shutter depending up on the opening offered.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards in addition to outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are usually utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. It imitates a steel drape which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm large and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly utilized for storage facilities, garages, shops and so on. These are really strong and deal correct security to the property. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is offered in the drum which helps to open or close the shutter.
Kinds of Doors based on Materials:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like mild steel sheet doors, but in place of moderate steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are used to make these doors. The rails and stiles and so on, are enhanced by welding small T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is encased in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually securely folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not fire up. It acts as fire-resistant.
Retractable steel doors are normally utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently used for warehouses, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).