GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS
A Better View Of Quality Service
Providing bespoke wood windows and doors Dublin for over a decade.
The perfect finish to the exterior of any house is the ideal doors and windows. Gama is one of the front runners for special windows doors Dublin. We tailor our products to match your tastes and requirements, leaving you with fittings that will last, and truly complete your house
There are various types of doors used in building works categorized based upon placement of parts, method of building and construction, working operations and construction material used. A door is an accessible barrier which is provided in a wall opening to offer an access to the within a room of a building. The internal portions of a building are connected by doors.
Kinds Of Doors Used in Building Construction
Kinds of Doors based on Placing of Elements
Based upon the arrangement of door elements, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are supplied diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are more effective.
- Braces need to position upwards from handing side, then they serves as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be utilized for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the simple battened and ledged door, structure is supplied in the form of two verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are typically 100mm wide and as far as density is worried, the thickness of stile should amount to the combined density of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, stiles, braces and ledges. So, it is more rigid.
- The braces are connected diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based upon Technique of Building and construction:
Based upon the method of construction, the doors are once again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are really strong and will provide great look. These are the commonly used doors in almost all types of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are comprised of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for broader openings.
- Minimum width of stile must be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail needs to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are generally provided in interior wall openings or in health centers, colleges etc.
- The interior of room is visible through glazed doors and light likewise goes through glazed portion of the door.
- These might be completely glazed or partly glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or solid or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are commonly used because of great look, economic, ease of building and greater resilience.
There are two types of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door consists of core strips of timber which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are attended to frame. A minimum of two intermediate rails should be supplied.
- The inner space of door includes equally area battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void space which does not go beyond 40% of the location of door.
- Here also deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers allow natural ventilation when the door is closed and likewise provide personal privacy in the room.
- These are typically used for toilets of residential and public buildings.
- The door might be completely louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are made up of timber or glass or plywood and these might be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire determined doors allows natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests etc. These doors are commonly utilized in hotels, restaurants and for cupboards containing eatables.
Types of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only provided in public structures like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of consistent visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are attached.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have several sliding shutter depending up on the opening offered.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards as well as outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are typically used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. It acts like a steel drape which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and broad thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for warehouses, garages, shops and so on. These are extremely strong and offer proper safety to the home. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is provided in the drum which assists to open or close the shutter.
Types of Doors based upon Products:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as moderate steel sheet doors, but in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are utilized to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are enhanced by welding small T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is framed in tight fitting sheet metal, having securely folded joints to omit air so that the core of the door does not fire up. So, it serves as fire-resistant.
Collapsible steel doors are generally utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for storage facilities, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained listed below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).