GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS for a much safer home
All our windows and doors are burglar-resistant. They also feature a security warranty backed by Yale and GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS. So you can relax understanding your home is safe.
There are different types of doors used in constructing works classified based upon placement of components, method of construction, working operations and construction material utilized. A door is an accessible barrier which is supplied in a wall opening to give an access to the within a space of a building. The internal parts of a structure are connected by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Building Building
Kinds of Doors based on Placement of Components
Based upon the plan of door parts, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors appropriate for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are provided diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are more effective.
- Braces need to position upwards from handing side, then they serves as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be used for wider openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the easy battened and ledged door, framework is supplied in the form of 2 verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are typically 100mm broad and as far as thickness is concerned, the thickness of stile should be equal to the combined density of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, ledges, stiles and braces. It is more rigid.
- The braces are linked diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based on Technique of Building and construction:
Based upon the method of construction, the doors are once again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are extremely strong and will offer good appearance. These are the extensively utilized doors in almost all kinds of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are made up of wood or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile must be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail should be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are typically offered in interior wall openings or in health centers, colleges etc.
- The interior of space is visible through glazed doors and light also travels through glazed portion of the door.
- These might be fully glazed or partly glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are attended to glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a solid or semi-solid or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are commonly utilized because of good appearance, economic, ease of building and greater resilience.
There are two types of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door consists of core strips of wood which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Finally plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are offered frame. However, a minimum of two intermediate rails ought to be supplied.
- The inner space of door includes similarly area battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void area which does not go beyond 40% of the area of door.
- Here likewise deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers permit natural ventilation when the door is closed and also provide privacy in the room.
- These are usually utilized for toilets of property and public buildings.
- The door may be fully louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of timber or glass or plywood and these might be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire gauged doors permits natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, bugs etc. These doors are commonly used in hotels, dining establishments and for cabinets including eatables.
Kinds of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just offered in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of constant visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are connected.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have several moving shutter depending up on the opening readily available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards as well as outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are usually used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. It acts like a steel curtain which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and broad thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically used for warehouses, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based on Materials:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already gone over in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like moderate steel sheet doors, but in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are utilized to make these doors. The rails and stiles etc., are strengthened by welding little T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually tightly folded joints to omit air so that the core of the door does not fire up. So, it acts as fireproof.
Retractable steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly utilized for warehouses, garages, stores and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are absolutely nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).