Gama Windows & Doors to turn your home into a house
Gama Windows is a relied on service provider of windows, doors and roofline services for existing homes in the greater Dublin region. Our group has actually been crafting beautiful bespoke items for over 35 years.
We provide high quality, energy-efficient and burglar-resistant items as requirement. We do not compromise on design either. From initial style to trouble-free setup, our experts are here to guide you every action of the way.
There are various types of doors used in constructing works classified based upon placement of components, technique of building, working operations and construction product utilized. A door is an accessible barrier which is provided in a wall opening to give an access to the inside of a room of a structure. The internal portions of a structure are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Utilized in Structure Construction
Types of Doors based on Placement of Components
Based on the arrangement of door components, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors ideal for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are offered diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more effective.
- Braces must put upwards from handing side, then they serves as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be utilized for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, framework is offered in the form of two verticals, called stiles.
- Stiles are normally 100mm broad and as far as density is concerned, the thickness of stile ought to be equal to the combined density of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, braces, ledges and stiles. It is more stiff.
- The braces are linked diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based upon Technique of Building:
Based on the approach of construction, the doors are once again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are very strong and will give excellent appearance when compared to battened doors. These are the commonly used doors in almost all kinds of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are made up of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for broader openings.
- Minimum width of stile should be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail needs to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are usually provided in interior wall openings or in medical facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of room shows up through glazed doors and light also travels through glazed portion of the door.
- These may be totally glazed or partially glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a strong or semi-solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are commonly used because of excellent appearance, economic, ease of building and higher resilience.
There are 2 types of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door includes core strips of wood which are glued under high pressure condition. Likewise in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Lastly plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are provided for frame. But, a minimum of 2 intermediate rails must be supplied.
- The inner space of door includes equally space battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void space which does not exceed 40% of the area of door.
- Here likewise face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and also offer personal privacy in the room, the louvers permit natural ventilation.
- These are normally utilized for toilets of domestic and public structures.
- The door might be fully louvered are partially louvered.
- Louvers are made up of timber or glass or plywood and these might be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors allows natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, insects etc. These doors are typically utilized in hotels, dining establishments and for cabinets including eatables.
Kinds of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just supplied in public structures like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of constant visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are connected.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have several moving shutter depending up on the opening offered.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are usually used for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. It imitates a steel curtain which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and large thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly utilized for storage facilities, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Types of Doors based on Products:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already gone over in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as mild steel sheet doors, but in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are utilized to make these doors. The stiles and rails etc., are reinforced by welding small T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is framed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually tightly folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not ignite. It acts as fireproof.
Retractable steel doors are generally utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for warehouses, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).