GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS for a more secure home
All our doors and windows are burglar-resistant. They also come with a security guarantee backed by Yale and GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS. So you can unwind knowing your home is safe.
There are various types of doors used in building works categorized based upon placing of elements, approach of building, working operations and construction product utilized. A door is an available barrier which is offered in a wall opening to provide an access to the inside of a room of a structure. The internal parts of a building are connected by doors.
Types of Doors Utilized in Structure Building And Construction
Kinds of Doors based on Placing of Components
Based upon the plan of door parts, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors appropriate for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are supplied diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are more effective.
- Braces must put upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be used for wider openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the simple battened and ledged door, framework is provided in the form of two verticals, called stiles.
- Stiles are typically 100mm broad and as far as thickness is worried, the density of stile need to be equal to the combined density of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, stiles, ledges and braces. It is more rigid.
- The braces are connected diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based upon Approach of Building and construction:
Based on the approach of building and construction, the doors are once again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are really strong and will provide great appearance when compared to battened doors. These are the widely utilized doors in almost all kinds of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are comprised of timber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for broader openings.
- Minimum width of stile should be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail should be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are typically provided in interior wall openings or in hospitals, colleges etc.
- The interior of space shows up through glazed doors and light likewise goes through glazed portion of the door.
- These might be completely glazed or partly glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are attended to glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a strong or semi-solid or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are extensively utilized because of excellent appearance, financial, ease of construction and greater resilience.
There are 2 kinds of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door consists of core strips of timber which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are attended to frame. However, a minimum of two intermediate rails should be offered.
- The inner space of door consists of similarly area battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void area which does not go beyond 40% of the location of door.
- Here likewise face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers permit natural ventilation when the door is closed and likewise supply privacy in the space.
- These are normally used for toilets of public and residential buildings.
- The door might be totally louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are made up of timber or glass or plywood and these might be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire determined doors permits natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests etc. These doors are frequently utilized in hotels, dining establishments and for cabinets containing eatables.
Types of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just supplied in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of continuous visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are attached.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have several moving shutter depending up on the opening available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are typically used for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. It imitates a steel drape which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm large and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for warehouses, garages, stores and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Types of Doors based on Products:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are described below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like mild steel sheet doors, however in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are utilized to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are strengthened by welding small T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having firmly folded joints to omit air so that the core of the door does not fire up. It acts as fireproof.
Retractable steel doors are normally used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are typically used for storage facilities, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently gone over in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).