Gama Windows & Doors to turn your home into a house
Gama Windows is a relied on company of windows, doors and roofline services for existing homes in the greater Dublin area. Our group has been crafting gorgeous bespoke products for over 35 years.
We supply high quality, energy-efficient and burglar-resistant items as standard. But we don’t jeopardize on style either. From initial design to stress-free setup, our experts are here to assist you every step of the method.
There are various kinds of doors utilized in building works categorized based on placing of elements, technique of building and construction, working operations and construction product utilized. A door is an accessible barrier which is supplied in a wall opening to give an access to the inside of a room of a building. The internal parts of a building are connected by doors.
Kinds Of Doors Utilized in Structure Building And Construction
Types of Doors based upon Placing of Parts
Based upon the arrangement of door parts, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors appropriate for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are supplied diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are more suitable.
- Braces should position upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be utilized for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the simple battened and ledged door, structure is provided in the form of 2 verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are generally 100mm large and as far as thickness is concerned, the thickness of stile must amount to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, braces, stiles and ledges. So, it is more rigid.
- The braces are connected diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based upon Method of Building:
Based upon the technique of building and construction, the doors are once again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are really strong and will offer excellent look when compared to battened doors. These are the widely used doors in almost all kinds of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are comprised of timber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile ought to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail should be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are typically provided in interior wall openings or in healthcare facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of room is visible through glazed doors and light likewise passes through glazed part of the door.
- These may be fully glazed or partly glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a solid or semi-solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are extensively utilized because of good look, economic, ease of building and construction and higher sturdiness.
There are 2 kinds of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door consists of core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. Likewise in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are offered frame. However, a minimum of two intermediate rails should be offered.
- The inner space of door consists of equally area battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void area which does not go beyond 40% of the location of door.
- Here likewise face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and also supply personal privacy in the space, the louvers permit natural ventilation.
- These are normally utilized for toilets of public and domestic buildings.
- The door may be fully louvered are partially louvered.
- Louvers are made up of wood or glass or plywood and these might be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire determined doors permits natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests and so on. These doors are commonly used in hotels, restaurants and for cupboards consisting of foodstuffs.
Kinds of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only provided in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of consistent visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are attached.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have one or more moving shutter depending up on the opening offered.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards as well as outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are normally utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. It imitates a steel curtain which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and broad thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly used for storage facilities, garages, shops and so on. These are really strong and offer proper safety to the home. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is supplied in the drum which helps to close the shutter or open.
Types of Doors based on Products:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already gone over in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as moderate steel sheet doors, however in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are used to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are strengthened by welding small T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually tightly folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not fire up. So, it acts as fireproof.
Retractable steel doors are typically utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for storage facilities, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are absolutely nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained listed below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).