Gama Windows & Doors to turn your house into a house
Gama Windows is a relied on company of windows, doors and roofline services for existing homes in the higher Dublin area. Our team has actually been crafting lovely bespoke items for over 35 years.
We supply high quality, energy-efficient and burglar-resistant items as standard. We don’t compromise on style either. From preliminary style to worry-free installation, our professionals are here to direct you every step of the method.
There are various types of doors utilized in building works categorized based upon placing of parts, technique of building, working operations and building and construction material utilized. A door is an accessible barrier which is offered in a wall opening to offer an access to the inside of a space of a structure. The internal portions of a structure are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Structure Construction
Types of Doors based on Placement of Elements
Based upon the plan of door parts, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors appropriate for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are supplied diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are preferable.
- Braces need to put upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be utilized for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the simple battened and ledged door, framework is supplied in the form of 2 verticals, known as stiles.
- Stiles are normally 100mm wide and as far as density is worried, the density of stile must be equal to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, braces, stiles and ledges. So, it is more stiff.
- The braces are connected diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based upon Technique of Building and construction:
Based upon the approach of building and construction, the doors are once again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are extremely strong and will provide excellent appearance when compared to battened doors. These are the commonly utilized doors in almost all types of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are comprised of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for broader openings.
- Minimum width of stile must be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail must be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are usually offered in interior wall openings or in healthcare facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of room is visible through glazed doors and light likewise goes through glazed portion of the door.
- These may be completely glazed or partially glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or strong or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are widely used because of great look, economic, ease of building and construction and higher toughness.
There are two kinds of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door includes core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Lastly plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are provided for frame. But, a minimum of two intermediate rails should be provided.
- The inner area of door consists of similarly space battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void area which does not surpass 40% of the area of door.
- Here likewise face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers permit natural ventilation when the door is closed and likewise offer privacy in the space.
- These are generally utilized for toilets of property and public structures.
- The door might be completely louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are made up of lumber or glass or plywood and these may be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire evaluated doors permits natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests etc. These doors are typically used in hotels, dining establishments and for cabinets containing foodstuffs.
Types of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just offered in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of constant visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are attached.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have several moving shutter depending up on the opening available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are normally utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. It imitates a steel drape which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and broad thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for warehouses, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Types of Doors based on Products:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like moderate steel sheet doors, but in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are utilized to make these doors. The rails and stiles etc., are reinforced by welding small T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is encased in tight fitting sheet metal, having tightly folded joints to leave out air so that the core of the door does not spark. It acts as fire-resistant.
Retractable steel doors are typically utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for storage facilities, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are absolutely nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).