GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS for a safer house
All our windows and doors are burglar-resistant. They likewise come with a security warranty backed by Yale and GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS. You can unwind understanding your home is safe.
There are various kinds of doors utilized in developing works categorized based on placement of elements, method of building and construction, working operations and construction material utilized. A door is an available barrier which is offered in a wall opening to offer an access to the within a room of a structure. The internal parts of a building are connected by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Building Construction
Kinds of Doors based on Placement of Elements
Based on the plan of door parts, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are provided diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more suitable.
- Braces ought to place upwards from handing side, then they serves as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be used for larger openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the basic battened and ledged door, framework is supplied in the form of 2 verticals, called stiles.
- Stiles are normally 100mm broad and as far as density is concerned, the density of stile ought to be equal to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, ledges, stiles and braces. So, it is more rigid.
- The braces are linked diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based upon Technique of Construction:
Based on the method of building and construction, the doors are once again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are extremely strong and will give great look when compared to battened doors. These are the extensively utilized doors in almost all types of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are comprised of timber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for wider openings.
- Minimum width of stile need to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail should be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are usually provided in interior wall openings or in healthcare facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of space shows up through glazed doors and light also travels through glazed part of the door.
- These may be completely glazed or partially glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are attended to glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or strong or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are commonly used because of excellent appearance, economic, ease of construction and higher durability.
There are two kinds of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door consists of core strips of wood which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are provided for frame. A minimum of 2 intermediate rails should be offered.
- The inner space of door includes similarly space battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void space which does not exceed 40% of the location of door.
- Here also deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers permit natural ventilation when the door is closed and likewise provide personal privacy in the space.
- These are usually utilized for toilets of public and domestic structures.
- The door might be totally louvered are partially louvered.
- Louvers are made up of wood or glass or plywood and these may be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire gauged doors allows natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests etc. These doors are commonly used in hotels, restaurants and for cabinets consisting of foodstuffs.
Types of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only supplied in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of constant visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are connected.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have several sliding shutter depending up on the opening offered.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are typically used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. It acts like a steel curtain which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm broad and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for storage facilities, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based upon Products:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are described below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like moderate steel sheet doors, but in place of moderate steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are used to make these doors. The rails and stiles and so on, are enhanced by welding little T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is encased in tight fitting sheet metal, having securely folded joints to omit air so that the core of the door does not ignite. So, it functions as fireproof.
Collapsible steel doors are normally utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for warehouses, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).