Attractive entry doors enhance any house’s look
GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS provides a broad selection of lovely designer entryway doors, consisting of among the most extensive ranges of aluminium domestic doors in the world. These exceptionally protected, stylish, contemporary designer Spitfire doors have developed an unrivalled credibility with the most discerning clients.
There are different types of doors utilized in developing works classified based on placement of elements, method of building and construction, working operations and building and construction material utilized. A door is an accessible barrier which is provided in a wall opening to provide an access to the inside of a room of a building. The internal portions of a structure are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Utilized in Structure Construction
Types of Doors based on Placement of Parts
Based upon the arrangement of door elements, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are supplied diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are more suitable.
- Braces need to position upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be utilized for wider openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the simple battened and ledged door, structure is offered in the form of 2 verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are usually 100mm large and as far as thickness is worried, the density of stile need to be equal to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, braces, ledges and stiles. It is more stiff.
- The braces are connected diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based upon Approach of Building:
Based upon the approach of construction, the doors are once again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are very strong and will give excellent look when compared to battened doors. These are the commonly utilized doors in almost all kinds of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are made up of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for broader openings.
- Minimum width of stile should be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail ought to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are typically supplied in interior wall openings or in healthcare facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of space shows up through glazed doors and light also travels through glazed portion of the door.
- These might be completely glazed or partially glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are provided for glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a strong or semi-solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are commonly used because of good look, financial, ease of building and construction and greater resilience.
There are 2 types of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door includes core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Finally plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are provided for frame. However, a minimum of 2 intermediate rails must be supplied.
- The inner area of door includes similarly area battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void area which does not exceed 40% of the location of door.
- Here also deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers permit natural ventilation when the door is closed and likewise offer personal privacy in the room.
- These are typically used for toilets of public and residential buildings.
- The door might be completely louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are made up of wood or glass or plywood and these might be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire determined doors allows natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, insects etc. These doors are typically used in hotels, restaurants and for cabinets containing eatables.
Kinds of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just offered in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of constant visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are connected.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have several moving shutter depending up on the opening available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards in addition to outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are typically used for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. It imitates a steel drape which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm broad and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for storage facilities, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Types of Doors based upon Products:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already gone over in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are described below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as mild steel sheet doors, but in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are used to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are reinforced by welding small T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is encased in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually securely folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not fire up. It acts as fire-resistant.
Collapsible steel doors are normally utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly used for storage facilities, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are absolutely nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).