Appealing entry doors improve any home’s look
GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS provides a large choice of beautiful designer entrance doors, including one of the most extensive varieties of aluminium domestic doors on the planet. These incredibly safe and secure, stylish, modern designer Spitfire doors have developed an unique track record with the most critical clients.
There are different types of doors utilized in constructing works categorized based upon placement of parts, method of building, working operations and building and construction material used. A door is an accessible barrier which is supplied in a wall opening to give an access to the inside of a room of a structure. The internal parts of a building are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Building Construction
Kinds of Doors based on Placement of Elements
Based on the arrangement of door elements, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are supplied diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm density are preferable.
- Braces should put upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be used for larger openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the easy battened and ledged door, structure is provided in the form of two verticals, known as stiles.
- Stiles are generally 100mm wide and as far as thickness is concerned, the thickness of stile need to amount to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, braces, ledges and stiles. So, it is more stiff.
- The braces are connected diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based upon Technique of Construction:
Based upon the method of construction, the doors are again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are very strong and will give excellent appearance. These are the widely utilized doors in almost all types of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are made up of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for wider openings.
- Minimum width of stile must be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail ought to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are normally supplied in interior wall openings or in health centers, colleges and so on.
- The interior of room shows up through glazed doors and light likewise passes through glazed part of the door.
- These might be completely glazed or partially glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a strong or semi-solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are extensively used because of good appearance, economic, ease of building and greater resilience.
There are two kinds of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door includes core strips of wood which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are attended to frame. But, a minimum of 2 intermediate rails ought to be provided.
- The inner space of door consists of equally area battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void area which does not exceed 40% of the location of door.
- Here likewise deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and likewise provide personal privacy in the room, the louvers allow natural ventilation.
- These are usually utilized for toilets of public and property structures.
- The door might be fully louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of lumber or glass or plywood and these may be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire determined doors permits natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests etc. These doors are commonly utilized in hotels, dining establishments and for cupboards containing foodstuffs.
Types of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just supplied in public structures like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of consistent visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are attached.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have one or more sliding shutter depending up on the opening readily available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards in addition to outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are typically used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. It acts like a steel drape which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm large and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for storage facilities, garages, stores and so on. These are extremely strong and deal proper safety to the property. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is provided in the drum which helps to open or close the shutter.
Types of Doors based upon Materials:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are explained below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like mild steel sheet doors, however in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are utilized to make these doors. The rails and stiles etc., are reinforced by welding small T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually securely folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not fire up. So, it acts as fire-resistant.
Retractable steel doors are normally used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently used for warehouses, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).