Gama Windows & Doors to turn your home into a home
Gama Windows is a trusted provider of windows, doors and roofline services for existing homes in the higher Dublin region. Our team has been crafting gorgeous bespoke items for over 35 years.
We provide high quality, burglar-resistant and energy-efficient products as requirement. We do not compromise on design either. From initial style to worry-free setup, our experts are here to direct you every action of the method.
There are different kinds of doors utilized in developing works categorized based on placement of elements, method of building and construction, working operations and construction product used. A door is an available barrier which is provided in a wall opening to offer an access to the within a space of a structure. The internal parts of a building are connected by doors.
Types of Doors Utilized in Building Building
Types of Doors based on Placement of Components
Based upon the arrangement of door components, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are supplied diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are preferable.
- Braces should position upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be utilized for wider openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the easy battened and ledged door, framework is supplied in the form of two verticals, known as stiles.
- Stiles are typically 100mm broad and as far as density is worried, the thickness of stile must amount to the combined density of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, braces, ledges and stiles. It is more rigid.
- The braces are linked diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based on Method of Building and construction:
Based upon the technique of building, the doors are once again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are extremely strong and will give excellent appearance. These are the extensively used doors in almost all types of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are made up of timber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile ought to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail needs to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are usually supplied in interior wall openings or in medical facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of room shows up through glazed doors and light also passes through glazed part of the door.
- These may be totally glazed or partly glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or strong or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are widely utilized because of great appearance, financial, ease of building and construction and higher toughness.
There are two kinds of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door includes core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Finally plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are provided for frame. However, a minimum of 2 intermediate rails must be supplied.
- The inner area of door consists of similarly area battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void area which does not go beyond 40% of the location of door.
- Here also deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers allow natural ventilation when the door is closed and also offer privacy in the room.
- These are generally utilized for toilets of public and domestic buildings.
- The door might be totally louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are made up of wood or glass or plywood and these might be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire determined doors allows natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, insects and so on. These doors are frequently used in hotels, restaurants and for cabinets including eatables.
Types of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only provided in public structures like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of constant visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are attached.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have one or more sliding shutter depending up on the opening readily available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are normally used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. It acts like a steel curtain which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm large and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for storage facilities, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based upon Products:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are described below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like moderate steel sheet doors, however in place of moderate steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are used to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are strengthened by welding little T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having tightly folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not ignite. So, it acts as fire-resistant.
Retractable steel doors are typically utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently utilized for storage facilities, garages, shops etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently gone over in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).