GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS for a more secure house
All our windows and doors are burglar-resistant. They likewise include a security guarantee backed by Yale and GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS. So you can relax knowing your house is safe.
There are different types of doors used in constructing works categorized based upon placement of parts, technique of building, working operations and construction product utilized. A door is an available barrier which is offered in a wall opening to provide an access to the inside of a space of a structure. The internal portions of a structure are linked by doors.
Types of Doors Used in Structure Construction
Kinds of Doors based on Placement of Elements
Based on the plan of door components, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors ideal for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are provided diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are more suitable.
- Braces should place upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be utilized for larger openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the easy battened and ledged door, structure is provided in the form of 2 verticals, called stiles.
- Stiles are usually 100mm broad and as far as thickness is worried, the density of stile need to amount to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, stiles, ledges and braces. So, it is more rigid.
- The braces are linked diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based on Approach of Building:
Based on the approach of construction, the doors are once again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are extremely strong and will provide excellent appearance when compared to battened doors. These are the commonly used doors in almost all kinds of buildings.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are comprised of lumber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for wider openings.
- Minimum width of stile should be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail must be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are typically supplied in interior wall openings or in medical facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of space shows up through glazed doors and light likewise passes through glazed part of the door.
- These might be completely glazed or partly glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are provided for glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or strong or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are widely used because of good look, economic, ease of building and greater toughness.
There are two types of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door includes core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are provided for frame. But, a minimum of two intermediate rails need to be provided.
- The inner area of door consists of equally space battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void space which does not exceed 40% of the area of door.
- Here also face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and likewise offer privacy in the room, the louvers allow natural ventilation.
- These are typically used for toilets of residential and public buildings.
- The door might be totally louvered are partially louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of timber or glass or plywood and these may be either repaired or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors permits natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, bugs and so on. These doors are commonly used in hotels, restaurants and for cupboards including foodstuffs.
Types of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are only offered in public structures like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of constant visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are attached.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have several sliding shutter depending up on the opening available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards in addition to outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are usually used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. It acts like a steel curtain which will opened or closed by horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and broad thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for warehouses, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together.
Kinds of Doors based upon Products:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as mild steel sheet doors, however in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are used to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are enhanced by welding little T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is framed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually securely folded joints to omit air so that the core of the door does not fire up. It acts as fireproof.
Retractable steel doors are normally utilized for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are typically used for warehouses, garages, shops and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are absolutely nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).