GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS for a more secure house
All our windows and doors are burglar-resistant. They likewise feature a security assurance backed by Yale and GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS. You can unwind knowing your home is safe.
There are various types of doors utilized in constructing works categorized based upon placement of components, method of building and construction, working operations and construction material utilized. A door is an accessible barrier which is supplied in a wall opening to offer an access to the inside of a room of a structure. The internal portions of a structure are connected by doors.
Kinds Of Doors Used in Building Building And Construction
Types of Doors based upon Placement of Parts
Based on the arrangement of door elements, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors appropriate for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are provided diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are more suitable.
- Braces ought to put upwards from handing side, then they functions as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be utilized for wider openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the easy battened and ledged door, framework is offered in the form of two verticals, called stiles.
- Stiles are generally 100mm wide and as far as density is concerned, the density of stile need to be equal to the combined density of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door comprised of battens, stiles, ledges and braces. So, it is more rigid.
- The braces are linked diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based on Approach of Building and construction:
Based on the approach of building and construction, the doors are again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are extremely strong and will offer good look. These are the commonly used doors in almost all kinds of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are made up of timber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for broader openings.
- Minimum width of stile must be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail must be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are normally supplied in interior wall openings or in medical facilities, colleges and so on.
- The interior of room shows up through glazed doors and light also travels through glazed portion of the door.
- These might be totally glazed or partially glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or strong or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are commonly utilized because of great appearance, financial, ease of building and greater sturdiness.
There are two types of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door includes core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case likewise stiles and rails are attended to frame. But, a minimum of two intermediate rails need to be supplied.
- The inner area of door includes equally area battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void area which does not exceed 40% of the area of door.
- Here also face veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and likewise supply privacy in the space, the louvers permit natural ventilation.
- These are generally used for toilets of public and property structures.
- The door may be totally louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are made up of lumber or glass or plywood and these may be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors permits natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, bugs etc. These doors are typically utilized in hotels, dining establishments and for cabinets containing foodstuffs.
Types of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just provided in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of consistent visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are attached.
11. Moving Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have one or more moving shutter depending up on the opening offered.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards as well as outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are generally utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. It imitates a steel curtain which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm wide and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically used for warehouses, garages, stores etc. These are extremely strong and offer appropriate safety to the residential or commercial property. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is supplied in the drum which helps to close the shutter or open.
Types of Doors based on Materials:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are currently discussed in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are explained listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals a minimum of 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like mild steel sheet doors, but in place of moderate steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are utilized to make these doors. The stiles and rails etc., are reinforced by welding little T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite building of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is framed in tight fitting sheet metal, having firmly folded joints to exclude air so that the core of the door does not spark. So, it serves as fire-resistant.
Retractable steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are frequently used for warehouses, garages, stores and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already gone over in the 1t category and glass doors are absolutely nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).