Attractive entry doors boost any home’s look
GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS provides a broad selection of stunning designer entryway doors, including among the most comprehensive series of aluminium domestic doors in the world. These exceptionally secure, trendy, modern designer Spitfire doors have developed an incomparable credibility with the most discerning customers.
There are various kinds of doors used in constructing works categorized based on placing of components, technique of construction, working operations and construction material utilized. A door is an available barrier which is provided in a wall opening to give an access to the inside of a space of a structure. The internal portions of a building are connected by doors.
Types of Doors Utilized in Building Construction
Kinds of Doors based upon Placing of Components
Based on the plan of door elements, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having grooves are connected together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General measurement of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This type of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more rigid, braces are offered diagonally in extra to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are preferable.
- Braces ought to place upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be used for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the easy battened and ledged door, framework is offered in the form of two verticals, referred to as stiles.
- Stiles are normally 100mm wide and as far as density is worried, the density of stile ought to amount to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Preferably 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, ledges, stiles and braces. So, it is more rigid.
- The braces are linked diagonally in between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based on Approach of Construction:
Based on the method of construction, the doors are once again classified into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are very strong and will give excellent look. These are the widely utilized doors in almost all kinds of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are made up of timber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors may be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile ought to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail should be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are usually provided in interior wall openings or in healthcare facilities, colleges etc.
- The interior of room is visible through glazed doors and light also goes through glazed part of the door.
- These might be totally glazed or partly glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a semi-solid or solid or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are widely used because of excellent look, economic, ease of building and construction and higher sturdiness.
There are two types of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door includes core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Lastly plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are attended to frame. A minimum of 2 intermediate rails should be supplied.
- The inner area of door consists of similarly area battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void space which does not go beyond 40% of the area of door.
- Here also deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and likewise provide privacy in the room, the louvers allow natural ventilation.
- These are typically utilized for toilets of property and public structures.
- The door might be fully louvered are partially louvered.
- Louvers are made up of wood or glass or plywood and these may be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors permits natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests etc. These doors are commonly used in hotels, dining establishments and for cupboards including eatables.
Kinds of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just supplied in public structures like museums, banks, libraries and so on, because of continuous visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are attached.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door might have several sliding shutter depending up on the opening available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is attached to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards in addition to outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Retractable steel doors are typically used for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. It imitates a steel curtain which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and broad thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly utilized for warehouses, garages, stores etc. These are extremely strong and offer proper security to the home. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is provided in the drum which helps to close the shutter or open.
Types of Doors based on Products:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already gone over in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Kinds of Metals doors are explained listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as moderate steel sheet doors, but in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is bonded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are utilized to make these doors. The stiles and rails etc., are enhanced by welding little T or I areas inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually securely folded joints to omit air so that the core of the door does not ignite. It acts as fire-resistant.
Retractable steel doors are typically used for workshops, sheds, warehouses etc. Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly used for storage facilities, garages, stores etc. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already gone over in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing however glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).