GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS for a more secure home
All our doors and windows are burglar-resistant. They likewise include a security guarantee backed by Yale and GAMA WINDOW & DOOR SPECIALISTS. So you can relax understanding your home is safe.
There are different types of doors used in building works classified based on placement of elements, technique of building, working operations and building and construction product used. A door is an available barrier which is provided in a wall opening to offer an access to the within a space of a building. The internal parts of a building are connected by doors.
Kinds Of Doors Utilized in Building Construction
Types of Doors based on Placement of Components
Based upon the arrangement of door components, the doors are classified as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as displayed in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors ideal for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are provided diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as displayed in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are more effective.
- Braces need to position upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These kind of doors can be used for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the simple battened and ledged door, structure is offered in the form of two verticals, known as stiles.
- Stiles are generally 100mm wide and as far as thickness is concerned, the density of stile must amount to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, braces, ledges and stiles. It is more stiff.
- The braces are connected diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Kinds of Doors based upon Technique of Building:
Based on the method of construction, the doors are again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- These are extremely strong and will give good look when compared to battened doors. These are the commonly used doors in almost all kinds of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to receive the panels.
- The panels are made up of timber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for broader openings.
- Minimum width of stile need to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail needs to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are usually provided in interior wall openings or in healthcare facilities, colleges and so on.
- The interior of space is visible through glazed doors and light also goes through glazed part of the door.
- These may be totally glazed or partially glazed and partially panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a strong or semi-solid or core part is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these type of doors are commonly utilized because of excellent appearance, economic, ease of construction and greater sturdiness.
There are 2 kinds of Flushed doors:
Strong Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in strong core flush door includes core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. Similarly in the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors consists of wood frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are offered frame. A minimum of 2 intermediate rails must be offered.
- The inner space of door consists of similarly area battens of width 25mm each. Other area is called void area which does not surpass 40% of the area of door.
- Here also deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- The louvers allow natural ventilation when the door is closed and likewise offer privacy in the space.
- These are typically utilized for toilets of public and residential structures.
- The door might be fully louvered are partly louvered.
- Louvers are comprised of timber or glass or plywood and these might be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors permits natural ventilation and restrict the entry of flies, mosquitoes, pests and so on. These doors are typically utilized in hotels, restaurants and for cupboards consisting of eatables.
Kinds of Doors based on Working Operations
The doors are categorized on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just provided in public structures like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of continuous visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which 4 radiating shutters are attached.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have several moving shutter depending up on the opening readily available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which helps the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are normally used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. It imitates a steel curtain which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel units of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm broad and 5mm thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are typically utilized for storage facilities, garages, stores and so on. These are extremely strong and deal correct safety to the home. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is offered in the drum which assists to open or close the shutter.
Kinds of Doors based upon Products:
Doors are comprised of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already talked about in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is comprised of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is made up of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Moderate steel plates are welded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are like moderate steel sheet doors, however in place of moderate steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel areas are utilized to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are strengthened by welding little T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This kind of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is framed in tight fitting sheet metal, having tightly folded joints to leave out air so that the core of the door does not fire up. So, it serves as fire-resistant.
Retractable steel doors are generally utilized for workshops, sheds, warehouses and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly utilized for storage facilities, garages, stores and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are already discussed in the 1t category and glass doors are absolutely nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained listed below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).