Gama Windows & Doors to turn your home into a house
Gama Windows is a trusted provider of windows, doors and roofline services for existing homes in the greater Dublin area. Our team has actually been crafting gorgeous bespoke products for over 35 years.
We offer high quality, burglar-resistant and energy-efficient items as standard. We don’t jeopardize on style either. From preliminary design to worry-free installation, our professionals are here to guide you every action of the method.
There are various types of doors used in constructing works categorized based upon placement of parts, method of construction, working operations and building and construction product used. A door is an accessible barrier which is offered in a wall opening to provide an access to the within a room of a building. The internal portions of a structure are connected by doors.
Kinds Of Doors Used in Building Building
Kinds of Doors based upon Placement of Parts
Based upon the arrangement of door components, the doors are categorized as following,
1. Battened and Ledged Doors
- Battens are vertical bonds which are having actually grooves are attached together by horizontal supports called ledges as shown in listed below figure.
- General Dimensions of batten are 100-150mm width and 20-30mm thick.
- General dimension of ledges are 100-200mm width and 25-30mm thick.
- This kind of battened and ledged doors suitable for narrow openings.
2. Battened, Ledged and Braced Doors
- To make more stiff, braces are offered diagonally in additional to battens and ledges as shown in figure.
- Braces are having 100-150mm width and 25-30mm thickness are preferable.
- Braces need to position upwards from handing side, then they acts as struts and take compression.
- These type of doors can be utilized for broader openings.
3. Battened, Ledged and Framed Doors
- For the simple battened and ledged door, framework is provided in the form of 2 verticals, called stiles.
- Stiles are normally 100mm large and as far as density is worried, the density of stile should be equal to the combined thickness of ledge and batten. Ideally 40 mm.
4. Battened, Ledged, Braced and Framed Doors
- In this type, the door made up of battens, stiles, ledges and braces. It is more rigid.
- The braces are connected diagonally between the ledges, at about 40mm from the stiles.
Types of Doors based upon Technique of Construction:
Based on the method of building, the doors are once again categorized into 5 types and they are:
5. Framed and Panelled Doors
- When compared to battened doors, these are extremely strong and will give great appearance. These are the extensively used doors in almost all types of structures.
- Stiles, vertical members and rails, horizontal members are grooved along the inner edges of frame to get the panels.
- The panels are made up of timber or plywood or A.C. sheets or glass.
- These doors might be single leaf for narrow openings and double leaf for larger openings.
- Minimum width of stile ought to be 100 mm and minimum width of bottom and locked rail needs to be 150mm.
6. Glazed Doors
- Glazed doors are usually supplied in interior wall openings or in health centers, colleges etc.
- The interior of room shows up through glazed doors and light also goes through glazed portion of the door.
- These might be fully glazed or partially glazed and partly panelled. Glass panels are offered glazed doors.
7. Flush Doors
In flush doors, a solid or semi-solid or core portion is covered on both sides with plywood or face veneer. Now a days these kind of doors are extensively utilized because of great look, economic, ease of building and greater toughness.
There are 2 types of Flushed doors:
Solid Core or Laminated Core Flush Door
- The core part in solid core flush door includes core strips of lumber which are glued under high pressure condition. In the laminated core, battens of 25mm width are glued under high pressure.
- These doors includes wooden frame with stiles and rails for holding the core.
- Plywood sheets or face veneer and cross-bands are glued under pressure on both side of doors.
Hollow core and cellular core flush door
- In this case also stiles and rails are offered frame. A minimum of two intermediate rails should be offered.
- The inner area of door consists of similarly space battens of width 25mm each. Other space is called void area which does not go beyond 40% of the area of door.
- Here also deal with veneer and cross-bands are glued under high pressure.
8. Louvered Doors
- When the door is closed and also offer personal privacy in the room, the louvers allow natural ventilation.
- These are typically utilized for toilets of public and domestic structures.
- The door may be fully louvered are partially louvered.
- Louvers are made up of wood or glass or plywood and these may be either fixed or movable.
9. Wire Gauged Doors
Wire assessed doors permits natural ventilation and limit the entry of flies, mosquitoes, insects etc. These doors are frequently utilized in hotels, restaurants and for cupboards consisting of eatables.
Types of Doors based upon Working Operations
The doors are classified on the basis of working operations as:
10. Revolving Doors
Revolving doors are just provided in public buildings like museums, banks, libraries etc., because of constant visitors. It consists mullion at its centre to which four radiating shutters are connected.
11. Sliding Doors
In this type, with the help of runners and guide rails the door slides to the sides. The door may have one or more sliding shutter depending up on the opening readily available.
12. Swing Doors
In this case, the shutter is connected to frame by double action spring which assists the shutter to move inwards along with outwards.
13. Collapsible Steel Doors
Collapsible steel doors are usually used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities etc. It acts like a steel drape which will opened or nearby horizontal pull or push. Vertical double channel systems of (20x10x2 mm) are spaced at 100 to 120 mm thick and are braced flat iron diagonals 10 to 20mm 5mm and broad thick.
14. Rolling Steel Shutter Doors
Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly used for storage facilities, garages, stores and so on. These are really strong and offer appropriate security to the property. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. A horizontal shaft is offered in the drum which helps to open or close the shutter.
Kinds of Doors based upon Materials:
Doors are made up of wood, glass, metals. Wood doors are already gone over in the 1t category and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are described listed below.
15. Mild Steel Sheet Doors
- The door frame is made up of angle or T-sections.
- Shutter is comprised of frame of angle of iron, having 2 verticals at least 3 horizontal.
- Mild steel plates are bonded to the shutter frame.
16. Corrugated Steel Sheet Doors
These are same as moderate steel sheet doors, but in place of mild steel sheet corrugated steel sheet is welded.
17. Hollow Metal Doors
Hollow steel sections are utilized to make these doors. The stiles and rails and so on, are enhanced by welding small T or I sections inside.
18. Metal Covered Plywood Doors
- This type of door is a composite building and construction of hollow metal door and wood door.
- The door is enclosed in tight fitting sheet metal, having actually firmly folded joints to leave out air so that the core of the door does not spark. So, it acts as fireproof.
Retractable steel doors are generally used for workshops, sheds, storage facilities and so on. Rolling steel shutter doors are commonly utilized for warehouses, garages, stores and so on. The door consists frame, drum and a shutter of thin steel plate inter locked together. Wood doors are currently gone over in the 1t classification and glass doors are nothing but glazed doors. Types of Metals doors are explained below.
Gama Windows & Doors Services
Upon customer request, we can also implement additional substances to products, such as window screens, air vents, and electric drives (motors).
* NOTE: Please check all type of products and services we offer: main page for general info on windows and doors, wood windows, front doors, folding doors, hs sliding doors, psk patio sliding doors, sash windows, H-Axis pivot windows, tilt and turn windows, top swing windows, scandinavian top swing windows and benefit from our discounts. Or just simply contact us for a free quote. Please also have a look at our amazing testimonials and gallery (about us).